Training Adaptations for Older Dinosaurs

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Two quick notes, and then we'll talk iron.

1. My Basement Gym

In yesterday's email, I mentioned that I have
moved out of the gym I've been training at for
the past 8 or 9 months, and set up shop in
the basement of our new duplex.

Many of you wrote in to say: "Welcome
back to the Land of the Cellar Dwellers"
or something similar.

I won't be able to answer all the emails, but
I wanted top say THANK YOU for the kind
words and positive vibes.

I'll keep you posted as we move forward.

2. The Dinosaur Files

I just finished the January issue of The Dinosaur
Files and sent it to my layout and design guy.

We'll get it up and available as fast as we can.

In the meantime, if you missed the last issue,
here it is:

Nov - Dec Dino Files on Kindle

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaurfiles-novemberdecember2016-kindle.html

Nov - Dec Dino Files in PDF

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaurfiles_novemberdecember2016.html

As always, let me know how you like
this issue - and if you grab the Kindle
edition, be sure to post a review on our
Kindle page.

3. Training Adaptations for Older Dinosaurs

The vast majority of those who train when they
are in their teens and twenties stop training long
before they hit the Big 4-0.

Very few people train after age 50 -- and hardly
anyone trains after age 60.

That's a shame, because training should be a
part of your life for all of the days of your
journey. It's not just for the young -- it's
for everyone.

And if we're talking about quality of life, then
training is MORE IMPORTANT than ever as you
grow older.

But training often requires adaptations as we
pass the 40, 50 or 60 age mark.

We often need to change to new exercises to
work around age-related dings and dents.

For example . . .

I have shoulder problems that date back to
my high school wrestling days. They don't
keep me from training, but they make it
impossible to hold a bar on my upper back
for squats. It hurts my shoulders too much.

So I use the Dave Draper Top Squat device
for back squats -- or I do front squats.

Would I rather do regular back squats?

Yes.

Do I worry about it?

No.

Does it stop me from training -- and from
having fun when I train?

Not at all.

And even with shoulders that don't work as
well as they used to, I'm a heck of a lot
stronger and in 10 times better shape than
the average man my age. That's because I'm
still training.

Whatever your age, I want you to do the
same thing.

Keep on training.

Find the tools that allow you to keep on hitting
the iron.

If you need to make changes, make changes.

But keep on training. That's the important thing.
As always, thanks for reading and have a
great day. If you train today, make it a good
one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Many older Dinos get great results with
Dinosaur Bodyweight Training:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_bodyweight.html

Other older Dinos get great results with
old-school dumbbell training:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_dumbbelltraining.html

And others prefer the workouts in Gray Hair
and Black Iron:

http://www.brookskubik.com/grayhair_blackiron.html

P.S. 2.My other books and courses are
right here at Dino Headquarters:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "There's no
road map for life. You need to figure it out
as you go." -- Brooks Kubik

***********************************************************************************