The Dinosaurs Roar!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Let’s start the day with some emails from fellow dinosaurs – and my responses:

1. Another November 9 Birthday!

“I am just reading your email about Bob Hoffman now and see that I share a birthday with him. You will be happy to know that I kicked off my birthday with an early morning workout in my garage -- planks, 5 x 5 squats, 5 x 5 bent over rows. I am feeling great for my 46 years, thanks in no small part to the great info and guidance you have provided online and in your books and the Dino Files. I really appreciate what you do.

Daniel Stid”

Daniel – Happy birthday from Dino Headquarters! It sounds like you got the day off to a great start with that 5 x 5 workout. Good stuff – and as you noted, it will keep you young!

2. Dino Training Helps a New York City Policeman!

“I'm a 34-year old Dino subscriber and I wanted to send you my current routine. I'm a Police Officer with a rotating schedule. I lift for resilience, strength and power not looks. Just compound movements and at 6' 2” and 275 lbs. I thank you for your straightforward information because it works!

Workout A
Squat 5 x 5
Bench 5 x 5
Dip 5 x 10
Chin 5 x 5

Workout B
Dead lift 5 x 5
Military Press 5 x 5
Bent Row 5 x 6
Barbell Curl 5 x 10 with fat grips

At the end sit-ups, forearm, and neck work with a harness.

That's it sometimes I go 5 x 3 or 10 x 3 and with the rotating shift work I will follow a workout day followed by a cardio day, which includes some running, sand bag lifting and jump rope. Then a full day off and on to
Workout B. Thank you!

Bill”

Bill – Thanks for your feedback, and for sharing your current training g program. That’s an excellent workout, and it obviously has worked well for you. This is one that other readers might want to follow.

3. More Praise for Bob Hoffman!

“I can't think of anyone in the history of the iron game who has done more for the average exerciser than Bob Hoffman. I would even suggest that the lessening influence of York in the 70's allowed for the influx of the useless gimmicks we have had to endure since then.

Chris Young”

Chris – That’s an interesting observation. It has been true that we’ve seen a massive rise in useless training gimmicks and useless training methods since the 1970’s. It’s a shame that so many more people are training now – but not very effectively!

4. Dinosaur T-Shirts?

Hi Brooks. First, I just wanted to say I think your books are great! Found Dinosuar Training great fun to read, and esp liked your power rack training dvd. Aiming to beat your 200 kg bottom position squat soon!

Also, do you have any Dinosaur Training t-shirts? Would love to wear one when I smash the 200 kg bottom squat!

Martin Przybylak”

Martin – Thanks for the feedback, and I’m glad to hear you enjoyed Dinosaur Training and the Power Rack DVD. We do indeed have Dinosaur Training t-shirts – with sweatshirts and hoodies coming, as well. They’ll help you hit some new personal records!

To everyone – that’s enough for now. I’ll share more emails from readers later today.

In the meantime – thanks for reading, and have a great day. If you train today, make it a good one.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik