Let's Look at the Dinosaur Training Mail-Bag!

Hail to the dinosaurs!

Let’s start the day with a quick look inside the Dinosaur Training Mail-Bag!

To make things easier, I’ve broken the mail into categories for you:

1. FEEDBACK ON LEGACY OF IRON 4

Brooks, came home from work from hospital [midnight], opened package that came in mail earlier in the day, started Legacy of Iron 4 at 12:30 a.m., read non-stop until I had finished it. Your writing is addictive, you don't want to put the book down and don't want it to end. Great Book. -- Joe Tarach

Joe – Good thing you read 800 words per minute. If I could type that fast, I’d have the entire series finished by now! - Brooks

I am halfway through Legacy of Iron No. 4, can't put it down! The series is getting better and better! – Ben Mitcham

Ben – The action really picks up in the second part of the book, so grab food and your favorite beverage, sit down somewhere nice and quiet, close the door, take the phone off the hook, and keep on reading. You won’t be able to stop. – Brooks

I am reading it now (yours is the only fiction I read); just got to Harry trying to figure out whose baby it is and Jack not filling him in. Excellent read as always. – Lou DeMarco

Lou – Thanks for the feedback. It was hard to write that chapter because I was laughing too much to hit the right keys on the computer! -- Brooks

NOTE: You can find Legacy of Iron 4 right here:

http://brookskubik.com/legacy_of_iron4.html

2. BILL HINBERN’S REPRINT EDITIONS OF THE YORK TRAINING COURSES AND WALL CHARTS

It's a landmark day when I get to order the York Courses and Legacy of Iron Vol. 4 in the same day! – Rick Helley

Rick – There are just a few of us who support, respect and promote the old-time bodybuilding and lifting champions and teach the old-school way of strength training. Bill Hinbern has been doing precisely that for a very long time. Thanks to everyone out there who understands, appreciates and supports what Bill and I (and John Wood and others) are doing.

Woo hoo! I got the originals off eBay but I gotta have this! Good tip, Brooks! -- Mike Patrick

Mike – I figured that many of my Dinos would want to know about this. I’m glad you appreciated the tip! – Brooks

NOTE: You can find Bill Hinbern’s reprint editions of the York Barbell Training Courses and Wall Charts right here:

http://www.superstrengthtraining.com/bob_hoffman.html

3. IDEAS FOR NEW DINO BOOKS AND COURSES

A book on training Olympic lifts "Dino style" would be great. – Oliver Sofer

Oliver – I agree! -- Brooks

Count it as one who would like to see something basic on Olympic lifting. A section on Gray Hair Olympic Lifting would be especially nice. – Richard Smith

Richard – See my response to Oliver. This WILL happen – and soon!

4. MORE BOOK IDEAS – AND DINO GARDENING!

I would certainly like to see a dvd of basic Olympic lifting instruction. However, I'm actually quite curious about your gardening. Could you recommend any resources for getting started with the sort of thing you're doing? (Actually, THAT would be an interesting course! Dinosaur Gardening for Strength and Health! I'd buy it!) – Nigel Zamora

Nigel – Thanks for your feedback. You will be seeing more about Olympic weightlifting Dino-style and more about Dino-gardening in 2011. For now, check out Eliot Coleman’s books on four season gardening. He grows fresh veggies all year round up in Maine – sometimes with two feet of snow on the ground – using unheated, simply built, low cost greenhouses and covers. Very good stuff.

There are other good gardening books out there, but Eliot Coleman's books are far and away my favorites. They really got us going on simple, effective, low-cost winter gardening. -- Brooks

5. AUTOGRAPHING YOUR BOOKS AND COURSES

Just read your email re: autographing books. I just ordered Legacy of Iron 4 and was wondering if you could sign it for me please. Really looking forward to this installment, as they just keep getting better! – Robert Muir

Robert – I am always honored to autograph any book or course that someone orders. Just include a request for an autograph in the Special Comments section of the on-line order form. -- Brooks

6. OUR WOUNDED DINOSAUR

Wonderful news about Jeff. Can't keep a dinosaur down. Obviously, the type of training he has done over the years has forged a strong healing mechanism. Plus of course an iron will that will not know defeat. I really believe acupuncture would help with the pain and healing of his hand. If he is interested you can give him my email and I could probably find someone in his area. -- Peter Yates

Peter – I will do that. Thank you! And I agree with you 100 percent. Jeff is making a terrific comeback – in part because he was in really good condition when he had his accident. -- Brooks

I make and sell trauma liniment, and I want to send some to our Wounded Dino. I will also include some for you to try out. Chinese herbs in a liniment for sprains, strains, aches, pains and what not. Thank you again for all that you do! Train hard, heal quickly. Dale Dugas

Dale – That’s very good of you – thank you! The Dinos have been terrific in their support of Jeff. It will be interesting to see how the herbal liniment helps. Did you know that one of the top bodybuilders of the 1940’s was in a bad accident as a kid – and the doctors were going to amputate his leg – and his mother said “No” – and then she bought some herbal salves and powders, and treated his leg, and if cured the infection and the operation was not necessary? It’s a true story – I read about it when doing the research for (get this) Legacy of Iron 5. -- Brooks

7. KUDOS FOR TRUDI

Give that lovely lady a hug for me, thanks for the signed books. If you and Trudi are in the area, the door's open, the weight room ready and Sandie is a hecka of a baker -- Joe Tarach

Joe – Thanks for the email and consider it done (the hug for Trudi, I mean). As all regular readers know, she fills your orders and gives ten thousand and ten percent to keep the Dino business moving forward. So, on the count of three, everyone join me and say, “THANK YOU, TRUDI!”

And that wraps things up for now. As always, thanks for reading – and thanks for supporting what we do here at Dino Headquarters. Have a great weekend, and if you train today, make it a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Take a look at our products page and see what you need to complete your collection of Dinosaur training goodies – and remember, it saves postage for you (and is easier on our shipping department) if you order multiple goodies:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html