The Forgotten Man

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

As I mentioned the other day, I get lots of
questions from readers about the different
books and courses we offer at Dino
Headquarters. And that's understandable,
because at last count there were close to
20 different books, courses and DVD's
featured on the Dino website.

We already covered STRENGTH, MUSCLE AND
POWER, which is a book that has something
for everyone.

Today, let's cover a book that was written
for a specific audience.

Peary Rader used to call the older trainee
"the Forgotten Man." By this, he meant that
the muscle magazines targeted the younger
readers and more or less ignored the older
ones.

And he was right. For every article about
an older lifter who was still hitting the
iron at age 50 or older, there ten thousand
and three articles about the latest up and
coming superstar.

For every article about how an older man
should train, there were 50,000 articles
telling the younger guys how to bulk up,
power up, muscle up, get lean, get strong,
be a lifting champion or whatever.

Now, there's nothing wrong with articles that
tell the young guys how to build strength and
muscle (after all, I've written more than a few
of them myself) -- but older lifters have their
own unique problems, and they deserve at least
as much top quality info as the younger guys.

And that's why I wrote Gray hair and Black
Iron.

It's a book that focuses on one thing and one
thing only -- training advice for older
lifters.

Gray Hair and Black Iron is NOT a book that
simply encourages folks over the age of 40, 50
or 60 to stay active or to include some light
"resistance training" in their fitness programs.

Far from it.

Gray Hair and Black Iron is for serious lifters
who've been pushing and pulling heavy iron for
a long, long time -- and who want to keep on
doing it for an even longer time.

In short, it's a book about training techniques,
training programs (over 50 of them), recovery and
recuperation, cardio training, and even (an added
plus)diet and nutrition for the older lifter.

And that brings me to something funny.

I wrote Gray hair and Black Iron from the perspective
of a 52 year old lifter (my age when I wrote the book).
I intended it to apply to lifters from age 35 or 40
all the way up to 80 or 90.

Since then, I've had a number of YOUNGER readers buy
it -- and they almost always send an email and say,
"I'm only [fill in the blank] years old, but I used
one of the workouts in Gray Hair and Black Iron and
it kicked my you know what. But I kept at it, and I'm
making great gains. You should tell EVERYONE to get
this book."

And maybe I should. Or maybe it just goes to show
that old Dinos will surprise you.

So that's what Gray Hair and Black Iron is all
about -- and that's why it became an overnight
best-seller -- and why readers like it so much.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. You can grab your copy of Gray Hair and Black
Iron right here -- and I'm in a good mood today, so
even the younger guys can get a copy. I promise
I won't even ask your age:

http://www.brookskubik.com/grayhair_blackiron.html

P.S. 2. Thought for the day: "If your barbell doesn't
feel like slowing down, why should you?" -- Brooks Kubik