The Man Who Hated Kettlebells

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

IMPORTANT! If you're a kettlebell fan,
bear with me. Today's message will make
you chuckle, not cringe.

Yesterday, I met a man who hates kettlebells.
Here's how it happened.

I was waiting for the Dinosaur Bodyweight
Training books to arrive. They were being
shipped to me by UPS Ground. There were many
of them -- as in lots and lots of them. Many
boxes of books at 25 or 30 pounds per box.

Now, the books were being shipped to the house,
and we live on a hill, and there's something like
40 steps from the street to the the front door.

So I made a sign and set it down by the first
step by the street, and told the UPS guy to
give me a call when he arrived.

At 12:00 sharp, the phone rang. It was the UPS
guy.

"This is UPS. I have your delivery. You said to
call."

"Right," I answered. "Don't move. I'll be right
down."

When I reached the street, I could see that he
looked worried.

"Wow, that's a lot of steps," he said.

"Lotta boxes, too," I noted.

He looked glum.

"Yeah."

"Well, I got a deal for you," I said. "How about
we off load the boxes and stack them up right
here -- and then I carry them up to the house?"

You should have seen the look on his face. It
was like a little kid on Christmas morning.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"Absolutely!"

"Will you be okay doing it alone? That's a lot to
carry!"

"I write books about strength training and physical
fitness," I told him. "That's what's in the boxes.
If I can't carry them up to the house, I don't
deserve to write about them."

"Well, in that case -- yeah, let's do it your way."

So we started to unload the boxes and pile them up
by the side of the street. We talked as we did so,
and I told him about Dinosaur Training and heavy,
awkward objects and lugging and loading drills,
and the farmer's walk and heavy dumbbells and all
kinds of fun stuff.

"What about kettlebells?" he asked.

"I don't use them, but I know a lot of guys who
really like them."

"Well, I hate them!"

Actually, he said more than that, but I don't
include that kind of language in my emails.

"Why do you hate them?" I asked.

I wondered if he had dropped one on his foot or
something.

"Because I had to deliver a while truck load to
a guy who runs a personal training business out
of his house!"

The nickle dropped. I nodded.

"He didn't help you carry them, did he?"

He shook his head.

"No one was home. I had to do it all by myself.
Those things are heavy, too!"

So that's the story of the man who hated
kettlebells. And it's the story of how the
first big shipment of Dinosaur Bodyweight
Training books arrived at Dino Headquarters.

By the way, the books look great -- if you
already ordered a copy, you're going to be
very happy when you see it -- which won't be
long, because get this -- we got almost all
of the pre-publication orders out the door
and into the mail yesterday. Yes, Trudi does
good work with shipping and handling.

As always, thanks for reading and have a great
day. If you train today, make it a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. You can grab Dinosaur Bodyweight Training
here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_bodyweight.html


P.S. 2. My other books and courses -- Dinosaur Training
t-shirts, muscle shirts, hoodies and sweatshirts -- the
Dinosaur Files newsletter -- the Legacy of Iron books --
and the world-famous Dinosaur Training DVD's -- are
right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "I can't make you strong --
but I can teach YOU how to make yourself strong!" --
Brooks Kubik