WHERE I TRAIN -- AND WHY!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

I often write about cellar dwellers and
garage gorillas -- meaning Dinos who choose
to train in home gyms. That includes quite
a few of you -- and it includes me, as well.

There are many reasons to train at home. Here
are some of mine:

1. No distractions.

1A. Although one of the cats did walk into
the garage the other night and circle the
platform right before I did a set of heavy
split snatches.

1B. I opened the other door and he headed
on out, leaving me in peace and solitude.

1C. "Distraction is a physical culturist's
worst enemy." Bradley J. Steiner

2. Better concentration.

2A. Intense, focused concentration is one of
the keys to strength training success.

3. Better bars. (Most gyms have second
or third rate bars. At some gyms, you really
don't want to use their bars -- and certainly,
you don't want to load them heavy.)

4. Better equipment. Meaning better quality
equipment. Too many gyms spend money on second
rate equipment that will get people in the
door (e.g., cardio theater) and then they
don't have money for the kind of bars and
power racks that Dinos need.

5. The EXACT equipment you need -- most of
which is not going to be found at a gym:

high quality Olympic bar

lifting platform

bumper plates

super-strong power rack

sandbags

thick bars

farmers' walk implements

rocks

barrels

grip tools

6. No drugs, no super-supplements, and
no bad advice.

6A. My cats know more about sensible training
than most people who train. But they don't
stand around talking about it all day long.

7. No ridiculous rules, such as:

"The No Chalk Rule"

"The No Deadlifts Rule"

"The No Overhead Lifting Rule"

"The No Grunting Rule"

"The No Dropping Rule" (which some gyms impose
even though they have lifting platforms and
bumper plates!)

8. Music. I get to pick it. Nuff said.

9. Better posters on the wall. (John Grimek,
Steve Stanko, John Davis, Doug Hepburn -- you
get the picture. No babes in bikini's and no
Mr. Everything winners. I train old-school and
my training quarters reflect that.)

10. I can do exactly what I want, how I want, when
I want. And at age 54, being a grandfather, and
having trained for over 45 years, I'm entitled.

Of course, if you train at a gym, you can make it
work -- you just need to work really hard to stay
focused, and you really need to rev up your powers
of concentration -- and you need to avoid the
negative people, the doubters, the naysayers,
the talkers, the whiners, the complainers, and
the folks who want to argue about everything
and tell you that everything you're doing is
wrong.

Anyhow, that's why I train at home!

Oh -- one more reason.

It's exactly 27 steps from the garage to the back
door -- and Trudi has dinner ready for me after I
train -- and I'm HUNGRY after I train -- so the
food is a whole lot closer!

As always, thanks for reading and have a great
day. If you train today, make it a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. The pre-publication special for Dinosaur
Bodyweight Training ends very soon -- so if you
want the book plus the the special bonus, reserve
your copy now:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_bodyweight.html

P.S. 2. If you missed Dinosaur Arm Training, you
missed a great course -- but we still have copies
here at Dino HQ, so go ahead and grab one now:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_armtraining.html

P.S. 3. My Dinosaur Training DVD's are right here:

http://brookskubik.com/goingstrong.html

http://brookskubik.com/dinosaur_dvds.html

P.S. 4. My other books and courses -- the Dinosaur
Files newsletter -- my biography of John Davis -- the
Legacy of Iron series -- and Dinosaur t-shirts,
sweatshirts and hoodies -- are right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html