No Black Friday Blues Here!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

It's the day after Thanksgiving here in the
USA. We call it Black Friday -- it's the first
day of the Holiday shopping season, and folks
camp out to be first in line at different stores,
and it's massive craziness, chaos and confusion.

We're following a different protocol here at Dino
HQ. Trudi is at work, and I'm working here at the
house (I have lots of Dino projects to finish), and
then I'm going to do some gardening.

Yes, gardening. I'm going to plant some spinach
and lettuce in the greenhouse. It may be too late
for it to germinate, but we'll see. If I don't
try, I can guarantee the veggies won't grow.

In that respect, gardening is a lot like strength
training. If you try, you have a good chance of
building some strength and muscle. If you don't
try, I can guarantee that nothing is going to
happen.

And that brings me to two questions I often
receive from readers.

The first one goes something like this:

"I've been doing the following program [and
then the program is detailed], and I'm making
great gains. I'm thinking about making some
changes [and then the changes are detailed].
What do you think?"

And my answer is this:

"If you're making good progress, keep on doing
what you're doing. If and when your progress
slows down, you can make some changes and
adjustments."

In other words -- if it's working, keep on doing
it!

The second question goes something like this:

"Here's a program I put together [and the program
is listed]? Will this work?"

If it's a typical training program, or if it's one
of those programs where the trainee tries to combine
everything under the sun and ends up doing way too
much work (a very common problem), my answer is to
refer the reader to my various books and courses so
he can see detailed programs that WORK.

If it's an abbreviated program similar to those that
I recommend, my answer is this:

"Your program looks good. Give it a try and see what
happens. If you make good progress, stick with it. If
your progress is slow, you can make changes and see
what happens. When making changes, try to change one
thing at a time, and remember that less is more. Most
people over-train. If in doubt, do LESS work."

And most of the time, I get a short email that says
"Thanks, I'll give it a try" -- and a few months later
I get an email that says, "I tried it -- and it works!"

As always, thanks for reading and have a great day.
If it's a shopping day, good luck with the Black Friday
madness. And if it's a training day, make it a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. For some quick and easy shopping with ZERO Black
Friday blues, head over to Dinosaur Headquarters and
grab your choice of the best books, courses and DVD's
anywhere -- and use them to build some serious strength
and muscle:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S.2. Thought for the Day: "The Black Friday blues --
or any other kind of blues -- don't stand a chance
against a hard workout." -- Brooks Kubik