A New twist on Heavy Support Training

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

If you've read my books and courses, you
know I've had great success with heavy
partial movements in the power rack.

The bottom position bench press and the
bottom position squat were two of the
most effective movements I ever used.

The power rack workouts and training
tips in Dinosaur Training and in Strength,
Muscle and Power helped me build more
strength and muscle mass than I ever
imagined.

They also -- and this is very important --
made my bones, tendons and ligaments
much stronger and thicker.

That's one of the big benefits of power
rack training. It builds you from the
inside out -- meaning that it builds
your bones, tendons and ligaments.

I had great success with power rack
training because I studied and tried
different ways of doing it -- and then
developed a special system that
worked perfectly for me.

Much of it was trial and error. I studied
what worked for other people back in
the day, and I took what seemed to be
the best ideas, and I tried them and
made careful notes of what happened.

That's how all real progress in the Iron
Game has happened.

It's always been one lifter somewhere --
who had an idea -- and who tested it to
see if it worked.

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of watching
someone else on a similar journey.

John Wood has been doing a special power
rack program built around a very unique
kind of support training.

He started the program about a year and
a half ago.

It's a new twist on heavy support training --
something different than I've ever seen,
read about or tried.

Let me repeat that.

John is doing something new and different.
It's not the kind of heavy partials I do. It's
not the kind that Joe Hise did -- or that
John Davis or John Grimek did -- or that
Bob Peoples, William Boone or Paul
Anderson did.

It's something new.

But it's been pretty impressive.

John had a DEXA scan before he started the
program, and another one 8 months later.

The second scan showed that he had increased
his bone mass throughout his entire body by
1.5 percent -- which is a huge increase in a
short period of time for a man over age 30.
He also increased his muscle mass by six
percent -- and knocked a few points off his
bodyfat percentage.

Anyhow, John has done a great little video
that shows exactly what he's been doing.
I watched it yesterday. In fact, I was the
first person to see it other than John.

It's very interesting, and it gives you some
great ideas on new ways to train -- and new
ways to build bone mass.

And yes, I'm going to be giving it a try,
starting with my very next workout.

Here's the catch. You can't buy it on DVD.
It's an Iron League exclusive. Meaning that
you need to join the Iron League to see
it.

That's actually a pretty good deal, because
the Iron league has a terrific collection of
other great training materials -- old books,
old magazines, old courses and old articles.
Rare old photos. Stuff you're not going to
find anywhere else.


And now -- the Iron League has the Bone
Strength Project on video.

Check it out. John's new twist on support
work may be just what you're looking
for.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Go here to grab your membership in
the Iron League -- and to learn more about
the Bone Strength Project and how to use
it in your own workouts:

http://www.ironleague.com/

P.S. 2. For more about old-school power
rack training, grab these:

Dinosaur Training: Lost Secrets of Strength
and Development

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_training.html

Strength, Muscle and Power

http://www.brookskubik.com/strength_muscle_power.html

The Dinosaur Training Strength Archive (Vol. 1
includes an all new power rack program)

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaurtraining_archive.html

P.S. 2. Thought for the Day: "Stronger bones
mean bigger, stronger muscles." -- Brooks
Kubik

***********************************************************************************