Old Dogs and New Tricks

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Two quick notes, and then we'll talk
training.

1. The Dinosaur Files

We've re-launched the monthly Dinosaur
Files as of December 2015. The Dec, Jan
and Feb issues are available exclusively
in PDF format. That means you get
instant delivery, and you can print
them if you prefer to read a printed
newsletter.

Go here to grab them:

February 2016 Dinosaur Files

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaurfiles_february2016.html


January 2016 Dinosaur Files

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaurfiles_januaryr2016.html

December 2015 Dinosaur Files

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaurfiles_december2015.html

2. Physical Culture Radio

We'll be live at 1:00 EST tomorrow for
a special edition of Physical Culture
Radio. Catch it live at the SuperHuman
Radio network or listen to the download
at your convenience:

http://superhumanradio.com/

Physical Culture Radio normally airs
on Thursdays, but we're going to move
it to Wed this week because my co-host,
Carl Lanore, has another commitment on
Thursday.

3. Old Dogs and New Tricks

After almost 50 years in the Iron Game,
it's always fun to learn something new.

On Saturday night, I found a YouTube
video showing a Masters' weightlifting
contest from 1992. (Masters meaning
a contest for older lifters -- age 35 and
up -- competing in categories by both
bodyweight and age.)

I was watching it, and I saw Mike Huska,
one of the best lifters of all time in both
the senior level and the masters level.

Mike Huska was born in Hungary, and lifted
on the Hungarian team back in the 1960's.
Later he moved to the USA. I'm Hungarian
on my mother's side, so I've always wanted
to see him lift.

And in this video from 1992, he was my
current age and just about my current
weight. So that made it even more
interesting.

But it turned out to be BETTER than
Interesting." It was a real eye-opener.

Huska did some terrific lifting, using a
super-fast, letter perfect style in the
split style snatch.

The best I've ever seen at the Masters
level. It was just superb.

I rewound, and watched him a dozen
more times -- at both regular speed
and in slow motion -- and I noticed
something about his foot movement.

It was something different from most
lifters -- and different from the way Bob
Hoffman and other writers have taught
the lift here in the USA and in the UK.

Why was he doing that?

So I tore through some of my old
resources on the split style snatch --
and buried in one of them, I found a
single sentence that hinted at the
answer.

On Sunday, I did a workout and tried
my best to use the same foot movement
that Huska used -- and it made a HUGE
difference in my lifting.

In short -- I learned something new and
different -- and very effective.

And it only took 50 years to get there.

That's one of the fun things about the
Iron Game -- and one of the reasons
why it's such a wonderful life-long
activity.

You never stop learning -- and you
never stop growing.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Dinosaur Dumbbell Training has
plenty of new and different exercises
and tons of great workouts. If you
want something that's new, different
and effective, give it a try:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_dumbbelltraining.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses --
and my Dinosaur Training DVDs -- are
right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Stay strong,
train hard, and always keep learning."
-- Brooks Kubik

***********************************************************************************