Countdown to 60!


I'll be turning 60 in five days, and that means 51 years of training. I'm looking forward to many more.


Hail to the Dinosaurs!

The countdown begins today.

I turn 60 on September 9 -
this coming Saturday - and I'm
counting the days until I get
there.

I started training at age 9, so
that makes 51 years of training.

More than a half century in the
Iron Mines.

Which makes me think back on
all the different things I've done
to build strength and muscle over
the years.

Barbells.

Dumbbells.

Chest expanders.

Calisthenics.

Isometrics.

The Universal Gym.

The Exer-Genie.

Bullworker training.

The Marcy Gym.

Nautilus machines.

Hammer Strength machines.

Rope climbing.

The peg board.

Bodybuilding.

Powerlifting.

Olympic lifting.

Yoga.

5 x 5.

Breathing squats.

Heavy singles.

Doubles and triples.

All kinds of grip work.

Heavy awkward objects.

Power rack training.

Isometronics.

Old-school bodyweight workouts.

Old-school dumbbell training.

Training advice and workouts from
Bradley J. Steiner, Arthur Jones,
Peary Rader, Reg Park, Bob Hoffman,
Harry Paschall, Jim Schmitz, John
Grimek, Tony Ditillo, Doug Hepburn,
and others too numerous to mention.

Some of it worked great.

Some of it didn't work very well at
all.

But I've kept at over the years, doing
lots of training and lots of experimenting.

Trying different things.

Always looking for new ideas and new
ways to build strength and muscle.

And now I'm knocking on the door to
age 60, and I'm still doing this stuff -
and still trying new stuff - and having
a lot of fun doing it.

Whatever your age, I hope you're
feeling the same sense of excitement
as you move forward on YOUR
journey - and I hope that the
training ideas and workouts I
share are working well for you.

Let's plan to keep on training
together for many years to come.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Here's a must read for older
Dinos:

http://www.brookskubik.com/grayhair_blackiron.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses
are right here at Dino Headquarters:

Hard-copy and PDF

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

Kindle

http://www.brookskubik.com/kindle.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day

"If you keep on training, your barbells
and dumbbells won't rust - and neither
will you."


-Brooks Kubik


BEFORE YOU LEAVE . . .

We have more than 25 Dinosaur Training books and courses in the Kindle bookstore - here are several of them - head on over and take a look at the others: