98 Years of Age

Age is a number, not a liability.


Hail to the Dinosaurs!

(Note: I sent this one to my email list
yesterday - President's Day - but didn't
have a chance to post it here until today.)

It's President's Day today, so we won't be
mailing anything today because the Post
Office is closed.

But we're open for business and taking
orders - and we'll fill them tomorrow.

We also have plenty of books and courses
available in PDF format with immediate
electronic delivery - as well as over 25
books, courses and back issues of The
Dinosaur Files and the Dinosaur Files
Quarterly in the Kindle bookstore:

PDF Books and Courses

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

Kindle Books and Courses

http://www.brookskubik.com/kindle.html

On the training front, I wanted to talk
about something very important.

It's about self image - meaning how
we think of ourselves.

The other day I was watching a video
about a man who worked as a surgeon
in Loma Linda, California until age 95 -
and then retired, not because he could
no longer work as a surgeon, but because
he wanted to spend more time with his
family.

And no, that's not a typo.

He retired at age ninety-five.

Thirty years past normal retirement age
for most of us.

His name is Ellsworth Wareham, and he's
now well over the 100-year mark. You can
google and find articles and videos on him.

You'll be surprised at how youthful and
vigorous he looks - and how strong his
voice is - and how sharp his mind is.

He's a superstar of healthy aging.

Anyhow, the video began in typical
fashion, with Dr. Wareham briefly
introducing himself.

It was the second or third sentence
that got my attention.

"I'm 98 years of age," he said.

Notice the words.

He didn't say, "I'm 98 years old."

Instead, he said, "I'm 98 years of age."

I don't think that was an accident.

I think it was a conscious, deliberate
choice of words.

I don't think he ever uses the word
"old."

And I think that's on purpose.

When you think of yourself as a certain
number of years old, you are telling
yourself you are old.

And that colors the way you see your-
self.

It's a little thing - a very subtle thing -
but it's still something that affects you.

And it's an easy thing to do. Heck, I've
done it thousands of times.

But from now on - hopefully, for many
years to come - I'm not going to say
that I'm a certain number of years old.

Instead, I'm going to use Dr. Wareham's
phrase.

And that's your tip of the day - coming to
you from a lifelong Iron Slinger who's
going strong at 61 years of age.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. If you're age 40 or up, you need to use
age-adjusted and age-appropriate training
methods and workouts - and Gray Hair
and
Black Iron is the best place to find
them:



http://www.brookskubik.com/grayhair_blackiron.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses --
including links to all of my e-books on
Kindle -- are right here at Dino
Headquarters:

Hard-copy and PDF

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

Kindle

http://www.brookskubik.com/oldschool_01-kindle.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day

"More plates on the bar are good - and
so are more candles on your birthday
cake."


- Brooks Kubik

BEFORE YOU LEAVE . . .

We have more than 25 Dinosaur Training books and courses in the Kindle bookstore - here are several of them - head on over and take a look at the others: