The Dinosaur Birthday Report

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

I hope everyone had a great weekend --
and if you trained, I hope you hit it
hard and heavy.

That's what I did on Friday night.

It was my birthday -- I turned 54 -- and
I celebrated by shooting a new DVD called
GOING STRONG AT 54!

The video guy arrived at 4:00 sharp, and we
went out to the garage and started working.

Yes, it was work. I demonstrated 21 different
Olympic lifting exercises for garage gorillas,
and followed that with not one but TWO of my
regular workouts.

My goal in the workouts was to go heavier than
usual -- heavy enough to make a two lift total
in the snatch and clean and jerk that would
equal the qualifying weight for the Master's
World Championships in Olympic Weightlifting
in 2012 (for my age group and weight class).

Of course, this wasn't an official contest and
it wouldn't count as an official qualifying
total -- but it seemed like a good goal to
shoot for. And I always like having a goal
when I shoot a Dino DVD.

Did I make it? Well, you'll have to watch and
see. I don't want to spoil anything for the
Dinos who order the DVD.

But I will share this.

There was one point where I walked up to the
bar -- when it was loaded with a heavy weight --
and I was sore and stiff and tired as heck, and
I knew it would be a hard lift -- and for a
second I wondered if I could do it.

And then I thought about all the Dinos all
around the world -- and I felt their energy and
I heard them pulling for me -- urging me to
MAKE IT!"

And that felt pretty darn good. So to everyone
out there who was sending positive waves to
Dino HQ on Friday night -- THANK YOU!

We kept filming until almost 9:00 at night --
and by the time we were finished I was as
tired as pterodactyl bone, and as hungry as
a cave bear on short rations.

Luckily, Trudi had prepared a great big hunk
of wild coho salmon, some fresh veggies and
a big green salad -- so I was able to sit down
to some much needed high quality nutrition.

She asked if I wanted birthday candles on the
salmon. (We don't do birthday cake.)

I shook my head.

"Too hungry and too tired to blow them out," I
said.

And that's the story of the big birthday bash --
almost five hours of heavy iron, chalk and sweat,
and pushing and pulling. Lots and lots of hard
work. But we shot are darn good DVD -- so it
was well worth it.

I'm going to sit down with the video guy and edit
the DVD next week -- and then we'll get copies
made for everyone who ordered one -- so we're
on track to get them out the door on or before
September 30, as promised.

As always, thanks for reading -- and again, thanks
for your support and well-wishes. If you train
today, make it a good one.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. You can order GOING STRONG AT 54! right here:

http://brookskubik.com/goingstrong.html

P.S. 2. My new course, DINOSAUR ARM TRAINING, will
be ready to ship on or before September 30. You can
reserve your copy here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_armtraining.html

P.S. 3 My other books and courses are available at
the usual place:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html