How to Improve Your Workouts by Twenty Percent!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

I goofed yesterday. I sent you the wrong link
for The Iron League.

Here's the correct link:

http://www.ironleague.com/

Sorry about that, and I hope it didn't cause
too much hair pulling.

On the sets and reps front, I hit a hard
workout in the garage last night.

It was hot, and the sweat was flying --
and so was the chalk -- and so was the
iron.

As I always do, I timed the rest periods
between my sets.

I load the bar, and take exactly two minutes
before I chalk up for the next set. So the total
rest between sets is about three minutes,
depending on how long it takes to load the
bar.

Here's why I do it.

Thirty or forty years ago, Russian scientists
studied weightlifters and found that the lifters
who timed their rest periods had 20 percent
fewer missed lifts in their workouts than the
lifters who didn't.

I think that's in part because the mere act of
timing your rest period helps keep you focused
and engaged. Of course, there may be other,
physiological reasons, as well.

But regardless of WHY it works -- it WORKS.
It's a simple way to get more from your
training. Twenty percent fewer misses is
a big difference.

And that, my friends, is the tip of the day:

Time your rest periods.

Simple -- but effective.

As always, thanks for reading and have a
great day. If you train today, make it a good
one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Speaking of rest, someone asked me about
Rest Pause training. I cover it in detail in Strength,
Muscle and Power -- along with power rack training,
abbreviated workouts, specialization programs,
training for advanced men, grip blasters,
finishers, old-school deadlift variations, and
much more:

http://www.brookskubik.com/strength_muscle_power.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses -- and
links to my Kindle e-books -- are right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Never stop
learning, and never stop growing." -- Brooks
Kubik

************************************************