The Old Guy in the Garage (with Video)



Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Readers are always asking for workout
videos.

"Post some videos of your training!" they
say. "Show us what you're doing!"

So here's a clip from last night's workout
in the garage -- a/k/a the Dino Dungeon.

I'm doing one of my favorite exercises:
the squat clean and jerk.

I do singles in the clean and jerk. Lots
of singles.

So the workout looked a lot like this --
over and over -- with many singles at
different weights.

Sometimes I do one lift in a workout. For
example, last night I did a thorough warm-
up and then hit the clean and jerk -- and
did lots of singles over the course of a
55 minute session -- and that was it.

Sometimes I do split style snatches for
awhile, followed by squat style clean
and jerks. That's a surprisingly hard
workout.

Other times I do snatches or clean and
jerks followed by high pulls or front
squats.

And on high energy days I do snatches
or clean and jerks, high pulls and front
squats -- which is a long workout for
me.

I train three times a week. Each workout
runs 60 to 90 minutes.

That doesn't sound like much, and it's
not a lot of work -- but it's just about
right for this 58-year old Dinosaur.

Anyhow, that was last night's workout.
I hope you enjoyed it -- and I'll post
some more soon.

Before I close, let me mention that we've
had a terrific response to our first venture
into PDF courses with electronic delivery.

If you missed it, or if you've been sitting
on the fence, wait no longer. Go here to
grab the little monster:

http://www.brookskubik.com/minicourse_01.html

The new course covers effective training
for older Dinos and gives you a great
workout to try. I know you'll like it.

As always, thanks for reading and have
a great day. If you train today, make it a
good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. For a more detailed review of effective
training for older Dinosaurs, grab Gray Hair
and Black Iron and my DVD, Going Strong
at 54:

http://www.brookskubik.com/grayhair_blackiron.html

http://brookskubik.com/goingstrong.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses -- and links
to my e-books on Kindle -- are right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Train for
strength, speed and mobility -- at any
age!" -- Brooks Kubik

***********************************************************************************