A Great Assistance Exercise for the Military Press!



World and Olympic champion John Davis set many records in the military press. I cover his life and training in Black Iron: The John Davis Story.

http://www.brookskubik.com/blackiron_johndavis.html



Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Two quick notes and then we'll talk training.

1. Coming Soon - My eBay Store.

If you missed yesterday's email, here's some
very big news: I'm going to set up an eBay
store this week and start to sell old books
and magazines from my research library.

I have doubles and triples of many great
books and magazines, and there's no
reason to keep them to myself. I know
that many of you would love to see
them.

I'll send an email as soon as the eBay
store is ready to go. Be looking for it!

2. The March Dinosaur Files.

We're running a little late because my
lay-out and design guy has been under
the weather. He's back on his feet now,
so we should be able to get it laid out
and ready to go very, very soon.

Thank you for your patience, and I know
you'll enjoy the March issue! It's a good
one.

3. A Great Assistance Exercise for the
Military Press!


One of the Dinos asked about ways to
increase his military press. He wondered
if presses from eye-level in the power
rack would help.

In other words, you would set the pins so
you could begin each rep from a dead stop
with the bar at eye-level.

I thought that was a good question, so I
thought I'd cover it with all of you.

Some of the best pressers in the history of
the Iron Game have used presses from eye-
level or from forehead-level.

Paul Anderson and John Grimek come to
mind immediately.

In fact, they both thought it was one of the
very best assistance exercises for the press.

I agree with that.

But it is NOT an easy exercise!

It's a VERY difficult exercise - and a humbling
one. You'll be surprised at how hard it is,
even with a relatively light weight.

Paul Anderson always advised doing full range
military presses to maintain your groove and
your pressing form - and I think that's a good
idea.

So if you want to try presses from eye-level,
do your regular military presses first - and
then do your eye-level presses.

You probably have lots of untapped strength
potential in the middle position of the lift - so
presses from eye-level should be a very
effective training tool.

Give them a try, and let me know how they
work for you!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. For more training tips and complete
training program for building a massive
military press, grab my Military Press and
Shoulder Power course:

Hard-copy

http://www.brookskubik.com/militarypress_course.html

Kindle

http://www.brookskubik.com/militarypress_kindle.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses are right
here at Dino Headquarters:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Lifting heavy
stuff over your head is fun and it's good for
you - so do it!" - Brooks Kubik

***********************************************************************************