Fast, Fun and Effective!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

I hit a hard workout last night in the
outdoor lifting area of the new
Dinosaur Dungeon.

The new Dinosaur Dungeon is the
basement of the duplex we moved
into last year after selling our house
and downsizing.

It features my IronMind squat stands,
an old beater bar for squats, a rubber
mat to stand on and plenty of plates.

It also includes my Indian clubs and
my Eleiko bar, which I use for pulls
when I train inside and for overhead
work when I train outside.

Trudi's training area is 10 feet across
the room.

It includes her Trap Bar, hyperextension
bench, Inversion Table, dumbbells and
kettlebells.

It's all wedged around two washers,
two dryers, the furnace, a long rack
to hang clothes, a long table to fold
clothes, and a big, wooden work
bench.

That's good, because it doesn't leave
any room for chrome and ferns, a pec
dec, or cardio theater.

And there's no room for other gym
members - meaning no one  trying
to use the squat stands to hang his
gym towel and water bottle.

Anyhow, it's just me when I train and
Trudi when she trains, and that's the
way we like it.

When the weather is nice, I move
outside and do overhead work.

That's what I did last night.

I set up some rubber mats on the
driveway, and did a ton of old-school,
split-style snatches. As in, 10 minutes
of warming up and 55 minutes of
snatches, starting light and working
up in weight slowly and gradually.

I did all singles because I'm working
on form - and singles are best when
you're working on form.

The outdoor lifting area is almost but
not quite level, so the bar rolls a bit
on the rubber mats.

To stop it from rolling, I use two very
high tech devices.

You'll laugh when I tell you what they
are.

I put a small folded towel behind the
plates - and a long twig a little bit
bigger than a no. 2 pencil in front of
the plates.

Okay, it's not high-tech - but it works.

You can see the whole set-up right
here:

https://www.instagram.com/brooks_kubik/?hl=en

Anyhow, it was a fun workout outside
under the setting sun.

And an effective one.

And that's what counts.

Fun and effective workouts.

Remember, you can train anywhere - and
you can always get a terrific workout.

As always, thanks for reading and
have a great day. If you train today,
make it a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. I have tons of other great workouts
(more than 50 of them) in Gray Hair and
Black Iron:

http://www.brookskubik.com/grayhair_blackiron.html

P.S. 2. Go here to grab the January
issue of The Dinosaur Files in PDF:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaurfiles-january2017.html

P.S. 3. My other books and courses are
right here at Dino Headquarters:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 4. Thought for the Day: "Three
very
important words: barbell,
basement, lifter."
- Brooks Kubik

***********************************************************************************