The Letter of the Day

It doesn't take much equipment to have a fun, effective and result-producing workout.


Hail to the Dinosaurs!

This one has to rank as the
letter of the day.

Actually, it was an email -
but you know what I mean.

It's from one of our many
Canadian Dinos, and it's in
response to my email asking
what training equipment you
would take to a desert island.

Brooks,

I was actually in a real-life
situation where I had an
extremely limited choice
of equipment.

I was in my very early 20s,
and worked as a canoe
ranger patrolling remote
regions in the interior of
Algonquin Park.

There was a lot of physical
work that came with the job,
some demanding pure, raw
strength, and others requiring
plenty of endurance.

But at that age, coupled with
a near obsessive desire to get
strong, I felt I needed some-
thing more - and also, some-
thing more specific for
strength
training.

Weight was a factor, of course,
so I thought it over and then
chose ONE item to take with
me for training: a single dumb-
bell bar and enough plates to
give me a total of 75 pounds
when it was fully loaded.

Other than that, I made use of
whatever heavy objects were
available to me, depending on
the location - rocks, logs, and
strong overhanging branches
for
pull-ups being the primary
resources.

Michael D.

Now, THAT is a pretty good
story.

What an excellent adventure -
and what a great way to train!

Has anyone else ever trained
under similar circumstances -
where you had only the most
limited of equipment?

If you did, send me an email
and tell me about it - and I'll
share it with your fellow
Dinos!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Have you ever read "In
Praise of Cellar Dwellers?" It's
Chapter 14 in Strength, Muscle
and Power, and it covers home
gym training in detail - and tells
you how to make the most out
of a minimum of equipment:

http://www.brookskubik.com/strength_muscle_power.html

2.  My other books and courses are
right here at Dino Headquarters:

Hard-copy and PDF

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

Kindle

http://www.brookskubik.com/kindle.html

3. Thought for the Day: "Do what
you
must, with what you have."



If you enjoyed this Blog post, you'll love my Dinosaur Training books and courses. You can get them in PDF and hard-copy editions at my website or in Kindle editions at Amazon. 

For a complete list of my Kindle books, go here: http://www.brookskubik.com/kindle.html