How to Train in an Ice-Box!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

It was cold all day yesterday, and the
garage was an ice-box when I went out
to train.

I cranked up the small space heater,
but it was like dropping a single match
into a snow drift -- or pouring a cup of
water into the ocean. Not much effect.

But things were fine. I was wearing heavy
sweats (double sweats on top), and I even
had my old black knitted hat on. First time
this year that I had to break out the hat.

I started slow and easy, got warmed up and
loose, and started lifting.

And despite the cold, and the late hour,
I had a great workout.

Trudi often asks why I don't join a gym in
the wintertime.

Well, there are lots of reasons.

For one thing, It's hard to find a gym that
would let me do Olympic lifting.

For another, gyms are loud and noisy. I like
to concentrate when I train -- to focus on
what I'm doing. That works better in the
garage.

But most importantly, cold weather training
adds to the fun.

It's a challenge.

"Hey, it's cold! Are you gonna come out and
lift -- or are you gonna stay inside, stay
warm and watch the idiot box?"

That's what the garage says when it gets cold.

I know. I can hear it when I'm fumbling
around, looking for that second sweatshirt --
or those extra thick, extra warm workout socks.

Winter is here. Make the most of it!

As always, thanks for reading and have a great
day. If you train today, make it a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. You'll find tons of great tips -- and
great workouts -- for home gym training in
my books and courses:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 2. Remember -- if you want me to
autograph a book or course for you, just ask!
There's no charge for an autograph!

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Dress warm, wear
layers, warm up and lift smart -- and have fun!"
-- Brooks Kubik