More Training Advice for Dinos!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

I had a great workout last night.

It consisted of a single exercise:
split style snatches.

It was cold, so I bundled up and wore
a Dinosaur Training to stay warm. I
went out to the garage, did my warmups,
and then spent 40 minutes on a series
of progressively heavier snatches.

On Thursday, I'll do the same with the
clean and jerk.

On Sunday, I'll do either snatches AND
clean and jerks -- or snatches and front
squats -- or maybe just front squats.

You can put together lots of similar
workouts where you pick a couple of good
exercises and hit one or two of them in
each workout. I call this ABBREVIATED
TRAINING if you hit TWO exercises in
each workout. If you hit ONE exercise
in each workout, I call it ULTRA
ABBREVIATED TRAINING.

I like to do Olympic lifting exercises,
but you can do other basic exercises if
you prefer.

For example:

Mon -- Squats

Wed -- BP or Mil Press

Fri -- Deadlifts or Trap Bar DL

And yes, you can throw in some gut, grip
and neck work -- or calf work -- at the end
of each session. Or you can do gut work on
Mon, grip work on Wed and train your neck on
Fri.

Abbreviated and ultra-abbreviated training
works great -- because it lets you focus
on a particular exercise (or on two of
them) and work it (or them) right into
the ground. That's the kind of training
that builds strength, muscle and power!

As always, thanks for reading and have a
great day. If you train today, make it a
good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. I cover abbreviated and ultra abbreviated
training in Dinosaur Training and in Strength,
Muscle and Power. You can find them right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. Thought for the Day: "It's not how long
you train, or how often you train -- it's what
you do and how you do it." -- Brooks Kubik