Hail to the Dinosaurs!
Thought you might enjoy a quick
top 10 list.
Here are the top 10 reasons why
older trainees need to keep on
10. Because it's better to own a
squat rack than a walker.
9. Because iron is better than that
Grecian Formula Whatever Stuff.
8. Because it sure beats the
7. Because barbells never grow older
and some of that might rub off on you.
6. Because it's the best way to show
your kids the importance of lifelong
5. Because it's the best way to show
your grand-kids the importance of life-
long strength training.
4. Because shortening your waistline
lengthens your lifeline.
3. Because it's fun when no one believes
them when you tell them your age.
2. Because you can.
1. Because you must.
By the way, the best exercises for older
trainees are pretty much the best exercises
for anyone else: basic, compound exercises,
performed with barbells and dumbbells, all
or most of them performed while standing on
your feet. The "stand on your feet and lift
stuff" keeps you young.
Yours in strength,
P.S. Gray Hair and Black iron is the number
one book about real world strength training
for older Dinos:
P.S. 2. Thought for the day: "Strength training
is the Fountain of Youth, but only if you do it.
Reading about it and talking about it doesn't
work." -- Brooks Kubik