Hail to the Dinosaurs!
Lots of readers have written in to say
they really enjoy the Thought for the
Day at the end of each of my emails -
so I thought I'd give you 12 of them
today. Consider them brain food for
Here they are:
1. Learn from the past, live in the
present, lift for the future.
2. Himalayan curls are great, but
squats are better.
3. The secret is to learn what works
best for YOU.
3a. This applies to lifting, and to
life in general.
4. Four words: hard work, intelligently
4a. See 3a.
5. The barbell can be your best friend
or your worst enemy. It's your choice.
6. When in doubt, do squats.
7. The name of the game is LIFTING, not
THINKING about lifting.
8. Two words: quiet confidence.
9. Training for 30 minutes with laser
focus and pinpoint concentration beats
training for three hours with your mind
10. You eat an elephant one bite at a
time, you walk around the world one step
at a time, and you build strength one
workout at a time.
10a. Or one set at a time.
10b. Make that one rep at a time.
11. Rome wasn't built in a day, and look
how long it's lasted.
12. Slow and steady builds lifelong
strength and health.
There you go! 12 Thoughts for the Day.
Hope you enjoyed them!
As always, thanks for reading and have a
great day. If you train today (as I will),
make it a good one!
Yours in strength,
P.S. Here's more about "hard work intelligently
applied" -- and it's must reading for older
P.S. 2. My other books and courses -- and my
Dinosaur Training DVD's -- are right here:
P.S. 3. Bonus Thought for the Day: "Think
it, dream it, do it." -- Brooks Kubik