How a 42 Year Old Dino Gets It Done!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

We've been getting tons of great
feedback from Dinos who've been
making tremendous progress with
abbreviated workouts.

Here's an example. It comes from
Eric Musgrove, who's doing great
on a 3x per week program where
each workout only takes about 45
minutes to complete.

Eric is 42, and he's getting it
done!

Eric wrote:

"For the last 8 weeks I've been
applying what I've read in "Gray
Hair & Black Iron", "Strength,
Muscle & Power" and of course
"Dinosaur Training".

During the 1st four weeks I have
to admit, I was fighting a losing
battle of paralysis by analysis.
There are so many great workouts
that choosing one to stick with
was my issue.

And then it Hit me. Don't think about
it, don't talk about it, don't debate
about it, Just Do It!

Week 5 I did 3 workouts of Clean and
Presses. Just clean & presses. Triples,
doubles & singles. Concentrating on
form due to my 1st time of really
doing that movement. Using the
smartphone to video my form so
I could critique it.

Week 6 and to present I've been doing
3 workouts a week, 4 total main lifts.

Workout 1 is clean & press followed by
grip, neck & gut.

Workout 2 is front squats (I just started
doing these this past year from reading
your work) followed by hammer curls.

Workout 3 is 16" fat grip floor presses
followed by grip, neck & gut.

Workout 4 is Deadlifts followed by fat
grip curls and weighted side bends.

All main lifts are singles except the
1st 2-3 warmup sets which are 5-3-2.
Usually 9 total sets. Work sets are
3-5 x 1. Fat curls are singles and
hammers are 5 x 5. Neck & gut are
10 - 15.

Week 1 was workouts 1, 2 and 3. Week 2
started with workout 4 and then the
rotation started over.

Not including initial warmup and
broomstick/ barbell/ weighted barbell
clean & jerk warmup, my workouts last
a max of 45 minutes, normally 35
minutes of good hard work.

Since this is the 3rd week for me,
I'm planning on another 9 weeks of
this.

Thank you for the great work you do.
Basic and abbreviated is better!

Eric Musgrove"

Eric -- Thanks for your kind words and
for your workout report. I like your
program and I'm glad you shared it
for your fellow Dinos.

I also agree with you about the whole
paralysis by analysis thing. Yes, you
have to be smart in your training,
and yes, you have to think it through
and plan it -- but you also have to
chalk your hands, grab the bar and
lift it. That's where so many people
go wrong.

Anyhow, it sounds like you're on the
right track. Hit it hard, and keep me
updated on your progress.

To everyone -- thanks for reading and
have a great day. If you train today,
make it a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Here's the number one training manual
for older Dinos:

http://www.brookskubik.com/grayhair_blackiron.html

P.S. 2. Chalk and Sweat gives you 50 great
workouts, from beginner to advanced,
plus 20 specialization programs for
maximum strength and muscle mass:

http://www.brookskubik.com/chalk_and_sweat.html

P.S. 3. My other books and courses are
right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 4. Thought for the Day: "Lift more
today than you lifted yesterday, and
lift more tomorrow than you lifted today."
-- Brooks Kubik