The No. 1 Way to Avoid Dings and Dents

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

We live in a part of town called The Highlands,
and as you can guess, it has a lot of hills.

When I was younger, I used to go to the park
and do hill sprints while carrying 70 pound
dumbbells.

But today, at age 59, I don't do them any more.
They're just too hard on my ankles and my
Achilles tendons.

As you grow older, the blood flow to your Achilles
tendons diminishes. They get tighter and stiffer,
even if you stretch them. And you can make them
really sore -- as in, inflamed -- with sprints or
hill sprints.

My chosen sport is weightlifting, and I need to
keep my ankles and Achilles tendons strong and
health for lifting. So I pass on the sprints and
the hill sprints -- even though, as I said, I once
did them, and I liked doing them.

That's the kind of adjustment you need to make
as you grow older. You always need to keep
training, of course -- but you may need to
change the way you train, or change your
exercises.

If something hurts, you may want to find an
alternative.

If not, you're on the road to Ding and Dent
Land.

Also known as the Island of Lost Lifters.

And that's the number one way to avoid dings
and dents as you grow older. It's called listening
to your body -- and training SMART.

As always, thanks for reading and have a great
day. If you train today, make it a good one.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. I cover many other ways to avoid or reduce
dings and dents in Gray Hair and Black Iron:

http://www.brookskubik.com/grayhair_blackiron.html

P.S. 2.My other books and courses are right
here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Train hard, but
train smart. Smart is what keeps you lifting
for a long, long time." -- Brooks Kubik

**********************************************************************************