"The Dude Abides!"

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Something strange and bizarre happened last
Thursday, and I thought you might like to hear
about it.

Now, before I go any further -- you need to
know that we have a huge Festival in Louisville
every year devoted to one of the great cult
movies of all time: THE BIG LEBOWSKI.

You've probably seen it. Stars Jeff Bridges as
THE DUDE, and delivers some of the wildest and
most memorable lines in movie history.

The festival offices are a few blocks away
from the post office we use -- a fact that will
become important later in the story.

To set the scene -- we were right in the middle
of packing and shipping the pre-publication
orders for BLACK IRON: THE JOHN DAVIS STORY,
so things were complete chaos and bedlam here
at Dino HQ.

One of my jobs was to run boxes and envelopes
over to the post-office. We usually send about
150 to 200 pieces on each run.

With that many pieces to ship, the local branch
of the post office (which knows us pretty well
by now), let's us bring everything to the back
instead of bringing it into the post office and
standing in line for ten minutes waiting to get
to the counter.

So I go over and go inside and wave and say, "I have
150 - 200 pieces -- can I bring them to the
back?"

And the guy at the counter says, "Sure -- I'll open
the door in a minute."

So I go back to the parking lot and unload the
stuff and carry it over to the back door (which is
always locked, of course).

And I stand there waiting for them to open the door.

And I wait a little longer.

It's crazy hot, and I'm standing in the sun, and the
sweat is running down my face like I'm on rep number
10 in a 20 rep death set.

But still -- no one opens the door.

So I wait a few minutes, and then I figure they've
forgotten me -- so I ring the bell.

For a minute or two, nothing happens.

Then I hear footsteps walking toward the door -- and
then someone unlocks it -- and opens it -- and one of
the other postal workers pops her head around the side
of the door and looks at me curiously.

"Are you with the Lebowski Festival?" she asks.

"No, I'm with Dinosaur Training," I reply.

Wrong answer!

The door slams shut, and I'm left out in the parking
lot, sweltering in the 95 degree heat.

Then I hear another sound from inside the post office.

Someone is rolling a big cart toward the back door.

The door opens, and another postal worker pushes the
cart through the door and we fill it up with packages.

"So what's the deal with the Lewbowski Festival?" I ask
him.

"They drop all their mail off over here," he said. "And
they always just ring the bell and leave, so we have to
carry it in."

"I guess I confused your co-worker."

"Yeah. She couldn't understand why someone in the Lebowski
Festival was standing around and waiting."

So now I know an important rule for the next time I'm
dropping off the mail:

If someone asks you if you're with the Lebowski Festival,
the correct answer is -- "THE DUDE ABIDES!"

As always, thanks for reading, and have a great day. If
you train today, make it a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. The best seller this week is BLACK IRON: THE JOHN
DAVIS STORY. You can find it right here at Dino Central:

http://www.brookskubik.com/blackiron_johndavis.html


P.S. 2 My other books and courses are available right
here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html