Reader Feedback on Black Iron: The John Davis Story!

Hail to the dinosaurs!

We’ve been shipping my big new book, BLACK IRON: THE JOHN DAVIS STORY as fast as we can to everyone who reserved a copy during our big pre-publication special, and the little monster is landing all over the place.

If you've not already placed your order, do it now -- because readers are LOVING this book:

http://www.brookskubik.com/blackiron_johndavis.html

Did I say readers love it? That's an understatement! Here’s some feedback from readers who have rec’d their copy of the book. Just see what they have to say:

“I was down the Jersey Shore this weekend laughing at all the wanna-be's with their showy, useless beach muscles and when I got home on Sunday I was elated to find a large envelope lying on my front steps. Knowing exactly what was inside the envelope I approached it with laser like focus and proceeded to clean the little monster to the shoulder and carry it inside. The book looks GREAT as do the great photos that came along with it. You weren't kidding, this thing is huge! I'm sure it reads as good as it looks! Keep up the great work!” -- Mike Bandini aka Ban-Dino!!!

“That was fast! I received the Dino files Friday and Black Iron today. With regard to Black iron -- I feel bad for our mail carriers. I've been following the emails but was still pleasantly surprised by the size of this book. I haven't had a chance to start it yet but I thought the special bonus photo(s) was quite impressive. I definitely have something to look forward to in the coming week. I can hardly wait to learn more about this giant of the weightlifting world.” -- Bill Marchese

“Brooks, I received THE BOOK on John Davis yesterday (Saturday), flipped through it and looked at all the pictures/captions. Thanks for signing, and for the two pictures of John to add to my weightroom wall collection. Looks like several great weeks of reading in this one!” -- Brian DeLong,

“I got my copy of BLACK IRON yesterday. I'm already 60 pages in and enjoying every bit of it! You have done it again.” -- Steve Lofe

“Went out to check my mail this morning and found all my junk mail hanging out of
the mailbox. I opened the lid and found out why -- the big book has arrived.” -- Steve Bermeo

I just received Black Iron in the mail. It’s a beauty. The pictures are great. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a note and autograph it. Carl Windle

“Black Iron landed in southern CA yesterday! I plan on doing a review at my blog once I'm done reading this little monster. I'll let you know when I've finished.” -- Muata Kamdibe

“I received the John Davis book today. It Looks great. I plan to start reading it tonight. Thanks for making this available to us.” -- Tommy King

“Got it (Black Iron) yesterday (July 9). Looks great!” -- Ed Terlik

“I just picked up the book an hour ago and it is tremendous in more ways than one. I look forward to reading it cover to cover.” -- Paul Moody

“I GOT MY COPY OF BLACK IRON SATURDAY, 07-09-11 AROUND 10:30AM. IT'S AWESOME!” -- Ed Spera

“Wanted to drop a quick note that on Sat I received the John Davis book with the special bonus. What a great weekend, first the other day received my Dino Files now today the long awaited John Davis book. I couldn't read the whole book, but what I have read, it is a great book.” -- Joe DeSena

“Received the book and photo and look forward to reading it. Great job!” -- Steve Speyrer

“I got it. The pictures are fantastic. No time to say more; I am beginning the book.” -- Bill Norman

“I received Black Iron yesterday, and I can only say "Excellent!" I am already half way done with your very thick tome, because I am having a difficult time putting it down. It is an easy, interesting read, and I must congratulate you on your fine work. This book is a must for iron game enthusiasts.” -- Larry Aumann

“Brooks, book came today – it is FANTASTIC!” -- Joe Tarach

“Black Iron arrived today. Awesome job, thanks for signing it for me as well.” -- Patrick Shead

“Received Black Iron in the mail today. I've already started it and it looks like I will really enjoy it. Thanks for taking the time to sign it. I had hoped for years that someone would do a book on John Davis. Some I know said it would never happen but thankfully they were wrong. My Dad used to tell me about weight lifting, saying that “John Davis is the best we have.” Dad is now long gone and I'm past 75 myself but now I'll get to know more about this great champion who was admired by two generations in my family. Thanks for all the hard work and research, not becoming discouraged and seeing it thru to the completion of the fine book it is.” -- Bob Hornick

“I just got Black Iron in the mail. If the contents are as good as the appearance and layout, it should be great. And I expect it to be. Thanks for your continuing contribution to the Iron Game.” -- Ben Oldham

“Black Iron hit Zanesville today. One monster of a book! Looking forward to reading this one.” -- Don Graham

“My mail just arrived and Black Iron was in the box! I can't wait to start reading! I have been lifting since 1960 and remember seeing references to Mr. Davis in the Hoffman books and magazines back then. Thanks for doing the research on this champion.” -- Carmen Caputo

“Hi Brooks, I received BLACK IRON today. It looks to be an awesome read, I will be starting on it as soon as I finish this email to you.” -- Robert McNall

“It is hot here on Long Island and it just got hotter. Yes, Black Iron has arrived and the photos alone are worth the price of the book. Really going to enjoy this one. Thanks for doing this the right way, you know what I mean.” -- Peter Yates

“I just got back from my mailbox and am happy to report that Black Iron has arrived! It looks great and I'm about to dive into it.” -- Mike McAleenan

“The Beast has arrived! Black Iron, a cold beer and a hot afternoon -- it's a trifecta!” Mark Smallwood

So the bottom line is – the book is GREAT – it’s bigger, thicker an dheavier than anyone imagined – the photos are terrific – and readers are going crazy about it.

BLACK IRON is in stock, and we’re all caught up on the pre-publication orders – so we’re now filling every order we receive on the day we receive it or within 24 hiours if we get the order during the night or on the weekend.

This is the Iron Game event of the year --- a book like nothing you’ve ever seen before – and a real treat for anyone who ever touched a barbell and dreamed of lifting glory.

You can order your copy of BLACK IRON right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/blackiron_johndavis.html

As always, thanks for reading, and have a great day. If you train today, make it a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Here’s the link again:

http://www.brookskubik.com/blackiron_johndavis.html