All Out Exercises for Total Body Power!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Let's talk a bit more about "The Essential Exercises"
(a term used by Iron Man author Bradley J. Steiner
some 40 years ago).

I covered this in an email on Monday, and followed up
with another one yesterday. if you missed them, go to
the Dinosaur training Blog and check them out.

In fact, for new readers, I should note that I have
something like 250 blog posts, and you could read all
of them right here at the Dinosaur training Blog.

One of Steiner's essential exercises for the back was
the power clean.

I'd agree with having that one on the list -- but I'd
go a step further and add some similar "All Out" or
"Total Body" exercises. (A term used by John Jesse
in The Wrestling Physical Conditioning Encyclopedia --
a great book that you can order from my buddy Bill
Hinbern at the link in today's P.S.)

And I'll tell you this -- I very much wish that someone
had made me focus on these exercises when I was a kid.
It would have been the best thing ever -- especially
for a kid who was as nuts about wrestling as I was!

Folks, I was a really good high school wrestling -- a
state champion in Greco-Roman wrestling -- but I would
have been ten times better if I had trained with All Out
Total Body Exercises.

1. Power cleans

2. Clean grip high pulls

3. Power Snatches

4. Snatch grip high pulls

5. The power clean and press

6. The power clean and push press

7. The power clean and jerk

8. Push presses

9. Jerks

All of the exercises listed above provide a triple
benefit. They simultaneously:

1. Build your strength and explosive power.

2. Improve your speed, balance, coordination, timing
and athleticism.

3. Train the heck out of your legs, back, hips and
shoulder girdle (which are the true keys to Herculean
super strength).

For details on how to work these movements into your
training programs, see:

1. Chalk and Sweat (50 workouts from beginners to
advanced men, with many workouts featuring Olympic
lifting):

http://www.brookskubik.com/chalk_and_sweat.html


2. Strength, Muscle and Power (29 chapters covering
a huge variety of topics, including how to add Olympic
lifting to your programs):

http://www.brookskubik.com/strength_muscle_power.html


3. Black Iron: The John Davis Story (reveals World and
Olympic champion John Davis' actual training programs):

http://www.brookskubik.com/blackiron_johndavis.html


4. The Doug Hepburn Training Course (how the 1953 World
Champion trained):

http://www.brookskubik.com/doug_hepburn.html
5. Gray Hair and Black Iron (how older lifters can train
with Olympic lifting movements):

http://www.brookskubik.com/grayhair_blackiron.html

6. Legacy of Iron (a dramatic account of early lifting
and bodybuilding in the USA, with an old-school Olympic
lifting program built right into the story):

http://www.brookskubik.com/legacy_of_iron.html

If you need help on how to perform the movements, I've
done a DVD that covers the basics (power cleans, power
snatches, high pulls, push presses). Shoot me an email
for more info on the DVD.

As always, thanks for reading, and have a great day. If
you train today, make it a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Here's the link I promised for The Wrestling Physical
Conditioning Encyclopedia. When you order it, tell Bill Hinbern
you read about it here:

http://www.superstrengthtraining.com/john_jesse.html


P.S. 2 I'm always looking for feedback from readers about my
books and courses -- and about how they've succeeded with
Dino-style strength. So don't be shy -- let me hear from you!