Where Did the Squat Racks Go?

The Dino Dungeon at our old house - out in the garage. I didn't have much equipment, but I did have squat racks - and I still do! And yes, they get lots of use in the new Dino Dungeon.

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Two quick notes, and then we'll talk iron.

1. The July-August Dinosaur Files

It's a great issue - and you can grab it
right here:



http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaurfiles-julyaugust2018.html

The 30 and 35 minute workouts for
those of you who are pressed for time
are well worth reading - and so is the
article about the old-school, "break all
the rules" training program that helped
one young lifter gain 35 pounds of
muscle - drug-free and supplement-
free.

By the way - if you missed the May-June
issue, you missed another good one -
but you can still grab it - right here:



http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaurfiles-mayjune2018.html

This one includes, among other things, Bob
Hoffman's favorite workout - which I think
you'll find very interesting. But be warned:
it's tougher than it looks!

2. Heavy Partials

My new course on heavy Partials is getting
great reviews from Dinos around the world.

Many have reported new PR's after being on
the program for a short period of time -
including one Dino who set a new PR in the
bench press in just two weeks!

Go here to grab the little monster:



http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaurstrengthandpower-02.html

3. Where Did the Squat Racks Go?

There's a story going around about how a
guy walked into one of those coast to coast
commercial gyms and the squat racks were
gone.

Apparently, someone decided to get rid of
them.

They were too dangerous, or too intimidating,
or too - heck, I don't know. Maybe too old-
school.

And besides, who needs to do squats when
you have 27 different leg machines to pump,
bomb, blitz, torture, finagle and bedraggle
your lower limbs from every possible angle?

I don't know if the story is true or not, but
I know for sure that the prevailing mentality
at most gyms is pretty much like that.

No squat racks.

No deadlifts.

No overhead lifting - including the good old
military press.

No heavy partials in the power rack. (And
usually no power racks.)

The original Dinosaur Dungeon featured York squat stands and a heavy duty York power rack - and they got plenty of use. That's 440 pounds going for a ride in the partial push press.


No Trap Bars.

No thick bars.

It's pretty much chrome-plated (or brightly
painted) machines and plenty of cardio
stuff.

That's why I train at home - and why many
other Dinos train at home.

It's one of the only ways to be able to use
the right kind of equipment - and to do the
exercises that give you the most bang for
the buck.

And please note - a good home gym does
NOT have to have very much in the way of
equipment.

For example, my basement gym is pretty
spartan.

The basement gym here at Dino Headquarters. Yes, we have squat racks - and I use them regularly. BTW, those towels are for front squats, not back squats. I use a Dave Draper Top Squat for back squats.

But it does have squat racks.

And they get plenty of use.

So does the Trap Bar - for both full range reps
and heavy partials.

And when the weather is good, I set up some
heavy mats out in the driveway, move the bar
and the weights outside, and do all of my over-
head lifting.

Of course, there are plenty of things I don't
have.

I don't have cardio theater.

Heck, I don't even have any cardio machines.
Or any other kind of machines - unless Trudi's
hyper-extension bench and inversion table
count as machines.

And I don't have any mirrors.

In short, my training is a heck of a lot different
than what you see at most commercial gyms -
and so is my equipment.

The outdoor workout area here at Dino Headquarters. In this photo, I'm getting set to do some front squats with those towels you saw in the earlier photo. Again, those are NOT for back squats.


And both my training and my equipment work
a heck of a lot better than the mass market
silly stuff that so many people seem to be
doing.

Anyhow, I hope that YOU train somewhere that
still has squat racks - and since you're reading
this, I'm willing to bet that you do!

As always, thanks for reading and have a great
day. If you train today, make it a good one!

When the weather permits, I set up shop outside so I can do overhead lifting.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Remember to grab the July-Aug issue of The
Dinosaur Files:



http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaurfiles-julyaugust2018.html

P.S. 2. If you're a home gym fan, you'll love
Dinosaur Training:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_training.html

P.S. 3. My other books and courses are right
here at Dino Headquarters:

Hard-copy and PDF

The book that started The Dinosaur Revolution.


http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

Kindle

Our Kindle books are best-sellers around the world!


http://www.brookskubik.com/kindle.html

P.S. 4. Thought for the Day: 

"It doesn't take much to get an effective
and result producing workout - but a barbell
and a set of squat racks sure as heck help!"


- Brooks Kubik

At age 61, I'm having more fun than ever in my workouts - and I plan to keep on doing them for a long time!
 BEFORE YOU LEAVE . . .

We have more than 25 Dinosaur Training books and courses in the Kindle bookstore - here are several of them - head on over and take a look at the others: