Lifting by Lantern Light!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

I worked on the January issue of the Dinosaur Files newsletter for most of the day yesterday, and headed out to the garage to do some lifting at about 6:30. The weather was mild, but it was pretty dark.

I started my warm-ups, and got about 2 minutes into them when the lights went out.

So I went back into the house, headed down to the basement, and flipped the appropriate switch on the breaker box.

Went back to the garage, started to do some more stretching and loosening up – and BANG – out went the lights.

Trudi was in the kitchen, so I opened the garage door, waved to get her attention, and called down to ask her to flip the switch again.

She did, and the lights went back on.

They stayed on for several minutes this time – and right about the time that I was starting my warm-up sets for front squats, they went out again.

But this time I was ready. After the second time they went out, I had put a small battery-powered lantern on a table close to my lifting platform. And being a careful sort of Dinosaur, I had even turned the thing on.

So when the lights went out, instead of standing there in the dark with a bar on my shoulders, I was standing there in the semi-dark, in a small circle of light, and it was a cinch to step back to my squat stands and rack the bar after I finished my set.

Forty minutes later, I had finished my workout – and it was a good one.

It was a special program. I call it “Lifting by Lantern Light.”

The interesting thing about Lifting by Lantern Light is that it reminds you that if you really want to train, there’s nothing that’s going to stop you.

That’s definitely the Dino way – and it’s a good message to share as we bring 2010 to a close and prepare to jump into 2011.

So as you reflect on the close of the old year and welcome the beginning g of the new one, remember this: You’re a Dinosaur – and NOTHING can stop you!

As always, thanks for reading, and have a happy, healthy and wonderful New Year’s evening – and best wishes to everyone for the coming year! If you train today, make it the best workout of 2010 – and if you train tomorrow, start 2011 off with an awesome workout!

Happy New Year!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Today’s your last chance to grab something from Dino HQ in 2010 – so take a look and grab some of that Dino Magic for your very own:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html