The Not Quite Fan Mail Stuff

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Did I mention that we got NEGATIVE feedback on the Chalk and Sweat cover (and on the title)?

Yep. We’ve been flooded.

Here’s a small sample:

I can’t believe you’d write a book about chalk and sweat. I train at (NAME OF FAMOUS FITNESS CHAIN WITHELD TO PROTECT THE GUILTY) and they don’t allow either! -- Chrome N. Fernie

What are you trying to do – make me and my elves work overtime? We’re going to have to spend weeks to get your new book to everyone who wants a copy. I call FOUL! You’re definitely on the Lump of Coal List! -- Kris Kringle

I really, really don’t like this. – Shake Weight User (Name Witheld)

I suggest you review the relevant literature. I’m not aware of any research study suggesting that sweat is necessary for serious strength training. And I’m certainly not aware of any research studies involving chalk. – Graduate Student working on advanced degree in Exercise Science at a major university (Name and University Witheld)

I’ve talked with Santa, and I’m absolutely appalled at your lack of consideration for his elves. Please be advised that I am taking this to the Executive Committee to consider further action. – Percival Q. Linkletter, III. President and Chairman of the Board for P.E.T.E. (People for the Ethical Treatment of Elves)

Great. Wonderful. Thanks a whole heck of a lot. My next door neighbor has been reading your books for years, and every other day I’m suggested to the full-scale Dinosaur Training Workout in the garage – and all I can hear are the sounds of heavy iron being lifted, records being shattered and strength and muscle be built as fast as possible. When your new book comes out, it’s going to be ten times worse. I hope you’re happy. – Disgruntled Neighbor

You just destroyed the whole idea of my next book: “Effortless Exercise!” I wish you would be more considerate! – Ghostwriter for Celebrity Fitness Books (Name Withheld by his Publisher)

I really don’t approve of the portrayal of a Herculean strongman manhandling a rare set of antique railroad wheels. Now everyone will want to do the same thing! -- H.M. Trusty, Senior Editor, “The Antique Railroad Wheel Review.”

Lifting those wheels was nothing. My uncle used to know a guy who trained with a guy who knew a guy who used to do that with TWO of those big wheels – for reps! – I. Useta Noe

This looks bad! You may need to come in for questioning. – The Exercise Police

There’s more, but that should give you a taste of what we’ve been getting. And it will probably get a lot worse once they learn more about the book – what it covers, who it’s for, what it features, etc.

I gotta tell you, though. I never thought I’d be hearing from a guy who trains with those Shake Weight thingies. I wonder if he’ll end up ordering Chalk and Sweat? He probably won’t, but he sure ought to. It would be the best thing in the world for him.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Today is officially Hoodie day – we’re filling orders for Dinosaur Training hoodies right and left. I may need to ask everyone who orders one to send in a photo where you’re wearing your hoodie while doing some serious Dino-insanity:

http://brookskubik.com/dinosaurtraining_hoodie.html