Heavy Iron

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

I've always been fascinated by big weights.
Big plates. The LOOK of heavy iron.

When I started training, I had one of those
110 pound barbells with concrete plates covered
with gold plastic. That was great, but I always
liked the look of iron plates better.

My dad had a 110 pound barbell with iron plates,
and I started to mix the plastic plates and the
iron plates.

My goal back then was to work up to the BIGGEST
plates in the house -- a pair of black iron 25
pound plates my dad had bought a few years
earlier.

I thought they were the biggest darn things in
the world -- and I was wild to lift them.

I remember how hard I worked to get to the point
where I could bench press 65 pounds -- meaning I
could use 15 pounds of bar and collars, loaded
with one of those great big, menacing, enormous
black iron plates.

When I started training at the high school weight
room, I saw my first York Olympic barbell -- and
my first 45 pound plates -- and immediately, I
wanted to be able to lift 135 pounds (the 45
pound bar plus a 45 pound plate on each side).

From there, I set goals of lifting 225 pounds
(which was the bar and TWO 45's on each side) --
and then 315 pounds (the bar and THREE 45's on each
side) -- 405 pounds (the bar and FOUR 45's on each
side) -- and more.

That probably explains why I write about different
ways to get stronger -- and different ways to add
weight to the bar.

In STRENGTH, MUSCLE and POWER, I cover some of the
very best ways to build strength:

Power Rack Training

Rest Pause Training

Special programs to strengthen
the tendons and ligaments

Leg and back specialization

Powerlifting

Power bodybuilding

Olympic lifting

Training with heavy, awkward objects

Special grip training exercises

And more . . .

It has 29 chapters and 354 pages of hard-hitting,
no nonsense, real world strength training -- and
if you're looking for something that will help you
add MORE WEIGHT to the bar, STRENGTH, MUSCLE AND
POWER is a pretty good place to start:

http://www.brookskubik.com/strength_muscle_power.html

And remember, if you'd like an autographed copy, all
you need to do is ask. There's no charge for
autographs.

As always, thanks for reading, and have a great day.
If you train today, make it a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. My other books, courses and DVD's are right here --
along with the world famous Dinosaur Files newsletter:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 2. Thought for the day: "When you look at the iron,
the iron looks back at you." -- Brooks Kubik