The Road to Nowhere

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Yesterday, life sent me on a journey
over a winding, two-lane country road
way out in the middle of Nowhere.

The nearest town was Not on the Map,
and turkey vultures ripping shreds of
flesh off the roadkill were the only
signs of life.

It was early in the morning, foggy and
cold.

The road dipped, and sloped downhill.
It was one of those spots where it's
downhill in both directions.

And then I saw her.

A very large female deer -- standing right
in the middle of the road -- in my lane.

I slowed down and hit the horn.

The deer didn't move.

I hit the horn again.

It still didn't move.

I glanced to the right -- and saw nothing but
a shoulder too narrow to drive on.

I glanced to the left -- and saw three, maybe
four other deer, facing the road, milling
anxiously, moving their feet up and down.

I looked in the rear view mirror -- and saw
a car topping the rise behind me, and starting
down the slope.

I looked ahead, and saw a pick-up truck topping
the rise in front of me -- and speeding downward.

So we had four, maybe five deer that were probably
going to be somewhere in the middle of the road
at any second -- and three vehicles that were going
to either hit them or swerve to miss them -- two
lanes, no shoulder, and nowhere to move to get out
of the way.

I tapped the horn, not wanting to spook the deer, but
wanting the one in the road to move -- and started to
move forward.

The deer in the road walked out of my lane and into
the on-coming lane -- and then slowly walked to the
side of the road.

The other deer turned and headed into a dark,
fog-shrouded hollow.

It all happened far more quickly than it takes to
type these words. Far faster than it takes to
read them.

The funny thing was this:

You're in the middle of a sudden emergency, and your
brain goes into total concentration mode.

You see everything -- process everything -- and make
instantaneous decisions.

And you're functioning at 110%. Maybe 120%.

If you play (or played) sports, if you do martial
arts training, if you hunt, or if you shoot, you know
what I'm talking about because you've done it before.

You go into that place where mind and body are linked
so perfectly they become one. And they function as one.

That also happens in training. At least, it SHOULD
happen in training.

When you train, you lock into razor-sharp focus -- you
shut out the rest of the world -- and your body and
mind become one.

I cover concentration in detail in DINOSAUR TRAINING --
and I also cover it in DINOSAUR BODYWEIGHT TRAINING.
You can see it in action in my Dinosaur Training
DVD's -- including my most recent DVD, GOING STRONG
AT 54.

It's an incredibly valuable tool -- and it will do more
to maximize your training results than anything else you
could ever do.

And yes, the ability to CONCENTRATE comes in handy on
lonely country roads in the middle of Nowhere.

As always, thanks for reading, and have a great day.
If you train today, CONCENTRATE -- and make it a great
one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. You can grab DINOSAUR TRAINING, DINOSAUR BODYWEIGHT
TRAINING, GOING STRONG AT 54, or any of my other books,
courses or DVD's right here at Dino Headquarters:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 2. Remember, if you want me to autograph a book or
course for you, include a request in the Special Comments
section of the on-line order form! If someone else orders
a book or course for you, be sure they know about this!

P.S. 3. Thought for the day: "The barbell is the world's
best teacher." -- Brooks Kubik