Dance With Who Brung Ya!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Somewhere way out in the middle of nowhere
there's a North-South road that intersects
with an East-West road -- and half a mile
or so past the intersection there's a
honky-tonk bar that may well be the most
dangerous place in the world on Friday and
Saturday nights.

There's only one rule in the place -- but
it's an important rule. It keeps the mayhem
down:

"DANCE WITH WHO BRUNG YA!"

That's a pretty good rule for strength training,
as well -- except it needs changing for older
lifters.

Here's what I mean.

If something's working for you, keep on doing
it. Don't change things around just to change
things around. Stick with what works.

You'd be amazed how many emails I get that
start out something like this -- they're all
more or less the same except they refer to
different training programs:

"I'm doing the "Keep It Simple" Program from
Dinosaur Training, and it's working great!
great. I'm making the best gains of my life.
But I thought I'd switch over to something
different next week. What do you think?"

My answer is always the same.

"If what you're doing is working for you,
then keep on doing it. When your gains begin
to slow down, then make minor changes --
but for now, keep on doing what works!"

As I said, though, things change for older
lifters. Older lifters may find that what
worked at age 15 (or age 25 or 35) still
works great at age 55 or 65 -- or they may
find that they need to do something different.

Personally, I've found that what works best
for me at age 55 is different than what worked
best for me at age 25 or 35. Heck, it's different
than what worked best just five years ago, let
alone twenty or thirty years ago!

So I guess that leaves us with two rules for
the day:

1. If something is working for you, keep on
doing it.

1A. In other words, dance with who brung ya!

2. As you grow older, you need to make changes
and adjustments -- and don't be afraid to do so!

2B. In other words, dance with who brung you --
but feel free to change the dance steps!

As always, thanks for reading and have a great
day! If you train today, make it a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Older trainees will do great with the workouts
in GRAY HAIR AND BLACK IRON -- as well as the
workouts in DINOSAUR BODYWEIGHT TRAINING:

http://www.brookskubik.com/grayhair_blackiron.html


http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_bodyweight.html

P.S. 2. If you want to see exactly what I'm doing
nowadays, grab my new DVD, GOING STRONG AT 54:

http://brookskubik.com/goingstrong.html


P.S. 3. Dinos of any age will get great workouts
and great training ideas from my original
Dino DVD's -- filmed in the Dino Dungeon and
featuring tons of heavy iron, chalk and sweat:

http://brookskubik.com/dinosaur_dvds.html

P.S. 4. Thought for the Day: "There are almost as
many varieties of training as there are lifters."
-- Bob Hoffman