File This Under "Does It Work?"

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

File this one under the "Does it work?"
category -- and cross-reference it under
the "Here's a good workout to try!"
category.

You might also cross-reference it under
"Good programs for older lifters" -- and
if that sort of thing interests you, be
sure to grab a copy of Gray Hair and
Black Iron! It covers effective training
for older lifters in detail.

Back to the "Does it work?" category --
strap in tight -- and here we go!

On January 2, I sent out an email titled
"The Success habit." It covered sensible
progression systems. You can find it right
here at the Dinosaur Training Blog:

http://dinosaurtraining.blogspot.com/2012/01/success-habit.html


Two days ago I received an email from
Rene Ordogne, a hard-charging 60-year old
Dino who's been hitting the iron since he
was 15 years old. As you can see, he read
the January 2 email and started to follow
the progression system I outlined in it --
and he's been doing GREAT on it!

Here's his progress report:

"Brooks, I know you get a lot of emails,
but I felt compelled to share with you the
success I have had with the set and rep
progression you outlined in your Jan. 2
email message to the Dinos.

I have been following this approach, using
two work sets on the following routine,
which was suggested by John Christy in an
issue of Hardgainer magazine. This routine
has given me the specific structure for
volume and progression that I have been
looking for:

Monday
1. Crunches
2. Squats
3. Bench press
4. Lat pulldowns
5. Grip work

Thursday
1. Side bends
2. Deadlifts
3. Barbell press
4. Curls
5. Calf raises

Aerobic work on off days two or three times
per week.

By the way, I am 60 years old, have been
working out since I was 15. I look athletic,
but not heavily developed, but most people
believe I look at least 10 years younger
than I am. I have never really been sick
or injured in my life. Not a bad return
for the effort.

I look forward to staying on this routine
for the rest of the year. I'll let you know
how it goes. Keep up the excellent work.

Rene Ordogne"

Rene -- Thanks for your kind words and your
progress report. Your program looks great,
and with the progression system I outlined,
I'm sure you'll continue to make great gains
throughout the year. Keep us posted!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. In other Dino news, I'm buzzing along on
the new John Grimek course. Be sure to look for
the special email with the link to the sales
page for it -- once I send it, you'll have 24
hours to reserve your copy of the course AND
get the TRIPLE BONUS when we fill the orders.

P.S. 2. In the meantime, all of my books and
courses -- and Dinosaur training DVD's -- are
sitting quietly in boxes and on bookshelves
here at Dino HQ -- patiently waiting for
a new home with a hard-charging Dino who
wants the very best in old-school strength
training and muscle building:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. I mentioned Gray Hair and Black Iron
in today's post. You can grab the little
monster right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/grayhair_blackiron.html

P.S. 4. Thought for the Day: "Muscles are not
made by wishing." -- Bob Hoffman