A Recovery Breakthrough for Dinos!

ne quick update and then we'll talk
training.

DINOSAUR DUMBBELL TRAINING

I just learned that I'll get the first
shipment of books sometime on Thursday.
We'll fire them out the door as fast
as possible, filling all pre-publication
orders in the same order in which we
rec'd them. The pre-publication
special ends when  the books arrive,
so if you've been dragging your feet,
sprint on over and place your order:

http://brookskubik.com/dinosaur_dumbbelltraining.html

Also, if you want to add another book
or course to your order to save on
shipping, do it now.

A RECOVERY BREAKTHROUGH!

As I mentioned last week, I've been
doing two workouts a week for the past
five or six weeks, and it's been working
very well. It seems to be excellent for
recovery and recuperation.

Many older Dinos train twice a week, and
thrive on it.

One of them is Paul Murray, who shared a
very interesting thought in a recent
email. Paul is two weeks shy of 60,
and he's been training his whole life,
so when he discovers something new,
it's important.

Paul wrote:

"I am now able to gauge recovery progress
by how I'm sleeping. After a workout, and
for a day or two after, I'll sleep soundly.
Then will come a night where I don't sleep
well.

After a few months of this pattern, it
finally dawned on me that when I was
restless, I was "recovered" and not
"needing" the sleep, and I would begin
working out the day after a "sleepless"
night, as opposed to a fixed schedule.

Pretty amazing."

Now, that's VERY interesting -- particularly
because I've been experiencing the same darn
thing on my twice a week schedule.

I sleep like a baby on the days I train --
and the following day -- and the day after --
and then I don't sleep very well.

Last night was one of those "didn't sleep
well" nights -- but today's a training day,
so let's see what happens. As Paul noted,
it may be that the lack of sleep means I'm
fully recovered from the last workout.

Paul may be on to something here -- and it
may be a very good way to help you schedule
your training for maximum recovery. It may
also explain why so many older Dinos (and
younger Dinos, as well) do best on twice
per week workouts.

Anyhow, that's the tip of the day -- and
I think it's a good one. Thanks to Paul
Murray for sharing this with us!

For other recovery tips for older Dinos, grab
Gray Hair and Black Iron:

http://www.brookskubik.com/grayhair_blackiron.html

As always, thanks for reading, and have a
great day. If you train today, make it a
good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Here's the link to order your copy
of Dinosaur Dumbbell Training:

http://brookskubik.com/dinosaur_dumbbelltraining.html


P.S. 2. My other Dinosaur training books
and courses (and DVD's, shirts, hoodies,
etc.) are right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "You're never
to old to train, and you're never too old
to stop learning." -- Brooks Kubik