The Super Secret Dinosaur Chili Recipe!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

We've been enjoying cooler weather
here in Louisville, and Trudi and
I have been enjoying some terrific
homemade soups and stews at dinner
time.

But yesterday was special.

Yesterday, I made the season's first
batch of Dinosaur Chili.

Dinosaur Chili is one of our favorite
dinners in the Fall and Winter. It's
inexpensive, easy to make, stores
well, and makes several meals for
us. So it's a time-saver as well
as a power-packed, high nutrition
dinner.

I mentioned this on my Facebook page
(send me a friend request if you
haven't already done so!) and
several Dinos asked for the recipe,
so here it is:

DINOSAUR CHILI

1. Brown two pounds of ground beef
or ground bison in a big skillet.

I prefer grass-fed beef I buy from
a local farmer at the neighborhood
Farmer's Market. It's very lean, so
I brown it in 2 TBS of bacon grease.

Pterodactyl meat also works well,
as does ground brontosaurus.

I add a big onion, chopped into
small pieces, along with some chopped
garlic -- four small garlic cloves or
two big ones, chopped up as small as
possible -- to the ground beef.

Stir the ground beef, onion and garlic
mix so it cooks evenly.

When the meat is browned on both sides
pout it into a crock-pot. If you don't
have a crock-pot, use a big cooking
pot.

Add two TBS of chili powder.

I like to add 1 TSP of curry powder or
ground cumin, and 1 TSP of Hungarian
paprika. Curry powder and ground
cumin are terrific antioxidants
and have unique anti-inflammatory
properties, so they're good to use
in your cooking.

Now add 6 - 8 fresh tomatoes, chopped
into small pieces -- or one can or jar
of diced tomatoes.

Add one half to one cup of water.

Stir it up with any large dinosaur
bone (a T-Rex femur works well),
cook it on high for 30 minutes, and
then reduce the heat and cook it on
low heat for several hours.

Stir every so often, and add more water
or more tomatoes if necessary.

Your chili should be ready in two or
three hours, but you can cook if longer
than that. The more you cook it, the
better it tastes.

You can add other veggies if you wish.
I sometimes include chopped red or
yellow peppers, chopped celery or
chopped mushrooms.

Add salt and pepper to taste before
serving. You can use black pepper or
red pepper. Black pepper intensifies
the anti-inflammatory properties of
the cumin/curry powder, and red pepper
is a great anti-inflammatory food in
it's own right.

Serve with a fresh green salad or a
big serving of fresh steamed greens.
Spinach, Swiss chard, kale, turnip
greens and beet greens work well.

So that was last night's dinner --
and it will be tonight's dinner as well.
Hope you enjoy the recipe!

Food and recipes have been much on my
mind as I work on a big new book on
super nutrition for Dinosaurs. I'm
pounding the keyboard like crazy to
get it finished for you, and I think
you're really going to like it. If
all goes well, you'll see a big
announcement about it in the not
too distant future.

In the meantime, Dinosaur Dumbbell
Training is being printed and shipped
to me sometime this week -- and as soon
as I have the copies in hand, I'll fire
them out the door to everyone who
reserved a copy during our big
pre-publication special. If you've
been waiting until the last minute
to grab you copy, wait no longer:

http://brookskubik.com/dinosaur_dumbbelltraining.html

As always, thanks for reading and have
a great day. If you train today, make
it a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. My other Dinosaur Training books
and courses -- and my DVD's and t-shirts,
sweatshirts and hoodies -- are right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 2. Thought for the Day: "Remember to
train, remember to smile, and remember to
eat your chili." -- Brooks Kubik