Smack that Young Guy Right in the Chops!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Forty years ago, there was a pretty
good high school wrestler at a school
in Illinois. (Actually, there were a
lot of good wrestlers at that school.)

He was lucky enough to go to a school
with an excellent wrestling coach and
a long tradition of top wrestlers and
wrestling teams.

He worked hard all year round, and did
plenty of lifting and conditioning work
on his own, and he got to be pretty
strong.

One day, he went to Chicago and wrestled
in the State Championship meet in Greco
Roman wrestling. He found a rabbit's foot
in the locker room before the meet began,
slipped it into his gym bag and went out
on the mat -- and finished the tournament
by knocking two kids in a row unconscious
with savage headlock hip throws -- and won
the State Championship at 154 pounds.

Yes, that was me -- and yes, I really did
find a rabbit's foot in the locker room.
It was dyed emerald green. I have no idea
what happened to it. I sure wish I had kept
it -- because it was darn lucky for me that
day.

Anyhow, that was forty years ago. A long
time ago.

I don't wrestle any more, but I still lift
weights and I do it just as seriously as I
did in my wrestling days.

And here's the fun part.

I'm stronger today -- at age 55 -- than
I was when I was a high school state
wrestling champion.

And that's part of the fun of training.

I want to be stronger than that high school
wrestling champion when I'm sixty -- and
when I'm sixty-five -- and when I'm
seventy.

Don't know if I'll do it, but that's the
goal I've set for myself.

To get there, I need to train the right way.
I follow the programs detailed in Gray Hair
and Black Iron. I train hard, but I train
smart. And I watch my diet pretty closely.
Diet and nutrition gets more and more
important as you get older.

You might remember a younger version of
yourself, and you might be planning to smack
him in the chops -- just the way I'm planning
to smack the younger version of the Dino-Man
right between the eyes. If that's the plan,
I wish you the best of success. It's a lot
of fun to look back forty or fifty years and
be able to say, "I'm stronger now than I was
then."

As always, thanks for reading and have a
great day. If you train today, make it a
good one.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Gray Hair and Black Iron is the number
one resource for older trainees. Grab a copy
right here -- and kick that younger version
of you right in the you-know-what:

http://www.brookskubik.com/grayhair_blackiron.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses are right
here at Dino Headquarters:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Youth is wasted
on the young, but training is forever."
-- Brooks Kubik