The No. 1 Regret of Older Trainees

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Here's something I often hear from older
Dinos -- and really, from Dinos of every
age.

And I've been hearing it ever since I first
released Dinosaur Training way back in 1996.

In fact, if I had a nickel for every card, letter or
email that's mentioned this, I'd be a very wealthy
man. And I'd be typing this email on the sunny
sands of a South Pacific island paradise. (Which
would actually be kind of fun to do -- assuming
that said island paradise had a decent gym!)

So here it is -- the number one regret of older
Dinos.

It goes something like this:

"I got your book, and read about abbreviated
training and old-school workouts, and I gave
them a try, and I can't believe the results!

I'm just sorry I didn't learn about this stuff
sooner -- I would have saved myself years of
wasted effort on the high volume stuff they
teach us in the muscle magazines!"

And my response is always the same:

"I wish I had learned about it earlier, too. It
would have saved ME many years of wasted
effort!"

And that's true, because it took me 15 or 20
years to learn that abbreviated training and
old-school workouts were what I needed to
build strength and muscle.

And that's a lot of years of wasted effort.

All of which leads to an interesting question:

"Why is it that *everyone* has to waste years
of effort on the stuff that doesn't work before
learning what really does work?"

I've thought about that a lot. The muscle mags
deserve plenty of blame, since they're the source
of the high volume, split routine, bomb, blast and
blitz stuff.

But it's also the case that most of us think we need
to work "hard" to build strength and muscle -- and
we tend to confuse hard training with high volume
training.

In other words, we fall into the "more is better"
trap -- and it's very hard to escape. After all, there
are very few activities in life where less work gives
you better results.

Anyhow, I've been writing about abbreviated
training and old-school workouts for nearly a
quarter of a century. I KNOW they work -- both
for me and for thousands of others who gave
them a try.

I just wish that more people would give
abbreviated workouts a try when they
begin to train, rather than after wasting
years of effort on the silly stuff.

Can you imagine what the world would be like
if everyone who started strength training and
muscle-building did it the right way from the
very start?

Who knows -- it might start a revolution in the
Iron Game!

That would be pretty darn cool. So I guess I'll
just keep beating the drum for sane and sensible
training -- and for productive, effective, real
world workouts.

Workouts that really work.

Not the science fiction stuff.

The real stuff.

Stuff that works.

As always, thanks for reading and have a great
day. If you train today, make it a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Chalk and Sweat gives you 50 different workouts,
including programs for beginners, intermediates and
advanced trainees -- as well as 20 leg and back
programs for maximum strength and muscle mass:

http://www.brookskubik.com/chalk_and_sweat.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses are right here --
along with my Dinosaur Training DVDs, and links
to my Kindle e-books and PDF courses:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Accept the past, and
focus on the future. There's always another heavy
squat day around the corner." -- Brooks Kubik

***********************************************************************************