More Cardio Training Ideas for Dinosaurs!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

One quick note, and then we'll talk
about some great cardio training ideas
for Dinos.

1. The January Dinosaur Files

We released the January issue of the
Dinosaur Files on Monday, and Dinos
around the world have been grabbing
the little monster as if they were afraid
it was our very last issue (which it isn't).

And we've also been getting great feed-
back about the Jan issue.

You can grab your copy right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaurfiles-january2017.html

And please let me know how you like
this month's issue - and what you'd like
to see in future issues!

2. Cardio Training for Dinosaurs

Over the years, we've received tons of
great ideas from Dinos around the world
about "cardio for iron-heads" - which is
my term for cardio training for those of
us who focus on heavy weight training
but want to do something that gives a
good cardio workout without adversely
affecting our strength training.

Here are some of my favorites over the
years.

I should also note that TONS of you like
to go for a walk with a weighted vest. I
get more feedback and "thumbs up" for
that than anything else. I guess I should
start selling special Dino-style weighted
vests (in approved Dino black).

1. Try 20 Rep Squats and Deadlifts!

I added a set of 20 rep squats and deadlifts
for my cardio, and I feel super energized and
my joints feel great.

Jeff Hackett

2. Loaded Carries Do the Trick!

My solution to the cardio issue at age 56 has
been loaded carries.

Outdoors I will do 1 - 5 lifts, followed immediately
by a 1 minute loaded carry that tracks the lift I
am doing: sandbag shouldering and carry, sandbag
zercher squat and zercher carry, barbell muscle clean
or snatch and overhead carry, or deadlift and farmers
walk.

I take a one minute timed rest between sets, and
repeat  each lift and carry 4 - 10 times. I cover 60
to 80 meters on each carry.

I am breathing like a locomotive at the end.

In six months, I've dropped 5 percent fat while
maintaining my weight at 200 pounds at 6 feet.

And as you know, at this age it is a real
accomplishment to gain a true one pound of
muscle per month.

Add in a low volume of daily grip, gut and neck
work and I'm good to go.

Zail Khalsa

3. Hill Walks

Could not agree with you more. I take two 30
minute walks a day in my hilly neighborhood. I
go faster up the hills and slow down on the flats
and the decline. My husky loves it, too.

Peter Yates

4. Try Cycling!

I would add cycling, too. It must be one of the
most under-rated cardio exercises, not to talk
of the potential of building strong legs. And it's
easy on the lower back.

You also can get a lot of errands done on a
bicycle!

Paul Soumendra

5. The Rowing Machine!

Add rowing on the rowing machine!

Jan Moerman

So there you have it. Five more ideas for Dino-style
cardio training.

For more, see Gray Hair and Black Iron and
Dinosaur Bodyweight Training:

Gray Hair and Black Iron

http://www.brookskubik.com/grayhair_blackiron.html

Dinosaur Bodyweight Training

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_bodyweight.html

As always, thanks for reading and have a great
day. if you train today, make it a good one.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. My other books and courses are right here
at Dino Headquarters -- along with links to my
Kindle e-books and PDF books and courses:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 2. Thought for the Day: "It's amazing what
you can accomplish with a little bit of regular
training and consistent effort." -- Brooks Kubik

***********************************************************************************