Dull and Boring - Or Fun and Exciting?

My workouts don't change very much. I stick to the same exercises, the same sets and the same reps. For many people, that would be dull and boring - but for me, it's fun and exciting. 


Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Are your workouts dull and boring?

Or are they fun and exciting?

I was thinking about my own work-
outs the other day.

They don't make very good social
media posts because it's pretty much
the same thing in every workout.

I have two workouts - Workout A
and Workout B - but every Workout
A looks like the previous Workout A -
and every Workout B looks like the
previous Workout B.

In other words, I stick to the same
exercises, the same sets and the
same reps.

I don't mix things up, and I don't
change things around, and I don't
add new stuff very often.

For many people, a program like
that would be dull and boring.

They couldn't stand it.

But for me, it's the reverse.

My workouts are fun and exciting.

I enjoy the challenge of working on
a small number of movements and
trying to master them - and on trying
to do them better every time I train.

I don't think either approach is wrong,
as long as you don't change things up
too often. You need to stick to a given
program long enough to let it work
for you. Many people change programs
far too often, and that usually doesn't
work very well.

Of course, there comes a time when
changing to a new workout or a new
program can be the best thing in the
world for you.

You just have to know when to do it -
which is largely a matter of training
long enough to understand both your
body and your mind, and to learn
what works best for you.

Anyhow, I'll be training today, and it
will be dull and boring - pretty much
the same thing as always - but it will
be fun and exciting for me.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Here's something different that's
also fun and effective:

Dinosaur Dumbbell Training

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_dumbbelltraining.html

2.  My other books and courses are
right here at Dino Headquarters:

Hard-copy and PDF

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

Kindle

http://www.brookskubik.com/kindle.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day:

"The iron doesn't get bored,
and neither should you."


Brooks Kubik

BEFORE YOU LEAVE . . .

We have more than 25 Dinosaur Training books and courses in the Kindle bookstore - here are several of them - head on over and take a look at the others: