Heavy Metal or Heavy Quiet?

Iron at twilight - with no noise except the neighbor's wind chimes in the back ground. I like training like this - but others do better in a loud, noisy, high energy environment. Which do you prefer?


Hail to the Dinosaurs!

We were talking about old-school,
hole in the wall gyms yesterday,
and a bunch of you sent in emails
saying you really liked dark, dirty
dungeon gyms compared to more
modern gyms.

But two readers unsubscribed, which
I suppose means that they hate old-
school gyms so much they don't even
want to read about them.

All of which goes to show that we're
different people, and there's no one
size fits all when it comes to where
we like to train.

So here's a related question.

Do you prefer to train in a loud, noisy,
high energy environment - with weights
slamming - plates clattering - other
trainees making lots of noise - and
most of the serious members training
with a partner or spotter who keeps
shouting at them to hold their form,
pound out one more rep, pull, push,
drive, and generally go-go-go?

Or do you prefer to train somewhere
that's quiet and serene?

I prefer the latter.

I don't like loud and noisy at all.

I crave solitude. It lets me concentrate
and focus on what I'm doing.

I don't even like music anymore.

I like iron and silence.

But other Dinos are the exact opposite.

They prefer the high energy environment.

It motivates them.

Gets their juices flowing.

Energizes them.

They like music, and they like it loud.

So which do you prefer?

Heavy metal - or heavy quiet?

Shoot me an email and let me know.

And include your age and your preferred
type of training. I want to see if we can
find any correlations here.

I'll share the results.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Wherever you prefer to train,
follow the right kind of program.

You'll find a ton of great training
ideas - and lots of terrific workouts -
in Strength, Muscle and Power:

http://www.brookskubik.com/strength_muscle_power.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses
are right here at Dino Headquarters:

Hard-copy and PDF

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

Kindle

http://www.brookskubik.com/kindle.html

P.S. 2. Thought for the Day

"The gym can be loud and crazy or quiet
and calm. Both work fine - but they work
for different people."


-Brooks Kubik


BEFORE YOU LEAVE . . .

We have more than 25 Dinosaur Training books and courses in the Kindle bookstore - here are several of them - head on over and take a look at the others: