More Cardio Training Ideas for Dinosaurs

 
Old-time wrestlers like George Hackenschmidt (pictured above) combined enormous levels of strength and muscular development with superb cardiovascular conditioning.


Hail to the Dinosaurs!

One quick note, and then we'll talk
about some great cardio training ideas
for Dinos.

1. The March Dinosaur Files



We released the March issue of The
Dinosaur Files on Wednesday, and
Dinos around the world have been
grabbing the little monster as fast
as they can.

And we've also been getting great
feed back about the March issue.
You can grab your copy right here:

March 2018 Dinosaur Files

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur-files-march2018pdf.html

Also - if you missed the October, Nov,
Dec Jan or Feb issues, go here and
grab them so you have the complete
set:

Feb 2018 Dinosaur Files

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur-files-february2018pdf.html

Oct, Nov, Dec and Jan Dinosaur Files

http://brookskubik.com/dinosaur_files.html

And please let me know how you like
this month's issue - and what you'd like
to see in future issues!

2. Cardio Training for Dinosaurs

Over the years, we've received tons of
great ideas from Dinos around the world
about "cardio for iron-heads" - which is
my term for cardio training for those of
us who focus on heavy weight training
but want to do something that gives a
good cardio workout without adversely
affecting our strength training.

Here are some of my favorites over the
years.

I should also note that TONS of you like
to go for a walk with a weighted vest. I
get more feedback and "thumbs up" for
that than anything else. I guess I should
start selling special Dino-style weighted
vests (in approved Dino black).

1. Try 20 Rep Squats and Deadlifts!

I added a set of 20 rep squats and deadlifts
for my cardio, and I feel super energized and
my joints feel great.

Jeff Hackett

2. Loaded Carries Do the Trick!

My solution to the cardio issue at age 56 has
been loaded carries.

When I train outdoors I will do a lift followed
immediately by a loaded carry that tracks the
lift.

I take a one minute timed rest between sets,
and repeat  each lift and carry 4 - 10 times.
I cover 60 to 80 meters on each carry.

I am breathing like a locomotive at the end.

In six months, I've dropped 5 percent fat
while maintaining my weight at 200 pounds
at 6 feet.

And as you know, at this age it is a real
accomplishment to gain a true one pound
of muscle per month.

Add in a low volume of daily grip, gut and
neck work and I'm good to go.

Zail Khalsa

3. Hill Walks

Could not agree with you more. I take two 30
minute walks a day in my hilly neighborhood. I
go faster up the hills and slow down on the flats
and the decline. My husky loves it, too.

Peter Yates

4. Try Cycling!

I would add cycling, too. It must be one of the
most under-rated cardio exercises, not to talk
of the potential of building strong legs. And it's
easy on the lower back.

You also can get a lot of errands done on a
bicyle!

Paul Soumendra

5. The Rowing Machine!

Add rowing on the rowing machine!

Jan Moerman

So there you have it. Five more ideas for Dino-style
cardio training.

For more, see Gray Hair and Black Iron and
Dinosaur Bodyweight Training:



Gray Hair and Black Iron


Dinosaur Bodyweight Training




As always, thanks for reading and have a great
day. if you train today, make it a good one.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. My other books and courses are right here
at Dino Headquarters -- along with links to my
Kindle e-books:

Hard-copy and PDF




Kindle




P.S. 2. Thought for the Day:

"It's amazing what you can accomplish
with a little bit of regular
training and
consistent effort." 


-- Brooks Kubik
BEFORE YOU LEAVE . . .

We have more than 25 Dinosaur Training books and courses in the Kindle bookstore - here are several of them - head on over and take a look at the others: