My Last Couple of Workouts

 
Jim Schmitz calls old-school split snatches "retro lifting." Whatever you call it, it's lots of fun!


Hail to the Dinosaurs!

My last couple of workouts have been
pretty good.

I followed my own advice, and made
them short, sweet and focused.

I did one exercise in each workout.

Squat-style cleans and power jerks
in workout A.

Split style snatches in workout B.

I did a 10 or 15 minute warm-up,
getting nice and loose and stretched
out.

Then I started with the empty bar
and worked up from there.

Concentration - focus - fixity of purpose.


I work up to my working weight for
that day's lift, and hit anywhere from
one to five singles with it, depending
on how I feel.

I've been focusing on speed - fast
feet - and perfect form.

I try to make each lift smoother,
faster and better than the one
before it.

Each workout takes 40 to 50
minutes.

And I feel great when I'm done.

And in case you're wondering, I
hit the iron three times a week.

Many older Dinos do something
similar.

I sometimes call it goal-directed training.


The exercises may be different,
but the principle is the same.

Get in, get it done, go home.

Or, if you train at home, load
the bar, lift the bar, unload the
bar.

A total of 45 to 60 minutes per
session - two or three times a
week - will make you feel like
a million dollars.

Abbreviated and ultra-abbreviated workouts are great for older Dinos.


That's what it does for me -
and that's what it will do for
YOU!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Try the abbreviated and ultra-
abbreviated workouts in Dinosaur
Training Secrets Vol. 1. It's available
in your choice of hard-copy, PDF or
Kindle edition:



Hard-copy and Kindle

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_secrets_01.html

PDF

Note - for the PDF edition, go to
our products page and look for
the special section for PDF courses:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 2. Thought for the Day: It
doesn't take much time, but it
does take concentration and
focus." -- Brooks Kubik

We have more than 25 Dinosaur Training books and courses in the Kindle bookstore - here are a couple of them - head on over and take a look at the others: