The Most Popular Workout in the World

 
Outdoor training at Dino Headquarters is quiet and calm. I can give full focus and complete concentration to my workout.


Hail to the Dinosaurs!

One of our longtime Dinos was
training the other day at a
commercial gym and noticed
a guy who was doing the
cell-phone workout.

You may have seen it sometime.

It's the most popular workout in
the world.

It goes like this:

1. Do one set of any exercise.

a. It's best to choose any easy
one so you can focus on the
most important part of the
workout - the rest between
sets part.

b. Pec dec squeezes work well
for this program.

2. Sit down on bench.

3. Pick up cell-phone.

4. Talk on cell-phone, look at
Instagram, Facebook or YouTube --
or the news feed -- or Twitter --
or whatever -- for 2 or 3 minutes.

a. If you're a social media star,
or you want to be one, check
your social media and post
selfies and insties and v-blogs
and all the other cool stuff.

5. Do next set.

a. Again, don't overdo it on the
exercise stuff.

6. Repeat steps 2-4.

7. Continue for the entire workout.

That's the cell-phone workout.

And as I said, it's the most popular
workout in the world.

Dino Headquarters is one of the last remaining places where no one does the cell-phone workout.


It seems like everyone is doing it.

As our Dino watched, he wondered
if he should try to help the guy.

Me, I wouldn't have bothered. But
our Dino had hit a PR in the squat
and was feeling pretty charitable.

He decided to give it a try.

"Excuse me -- but I can give you a
tip that will double or maybe even
triple your results. I mean -- if
you're interested."

That caught the guy's attention
fast.

"You mean more LIKES on my
Instagram account?" he asked.
"Tell me, dude - I'm all ears."

"You're all something, but it's
not ears," thought our Dino.

But he was too kind to say it
out loud.

Reg Park gave every rep and every set full, deep, intense concentration - and look at the results! 


"No, it's a way to improve your
training results. You know - get
bigger and stronger - and lift
more weight in all of your
exercises."

"Oh," said the cell-phone guy.

There was a short pause while
he checked his feed again.

"Yeah, okay," he said. "I guess
that would be alright."

He seemed less than enthusiastic
for some reason. It was puzzling.

He checked his feed again.

Rich Abbott sets a Masters record in the deadlift. You can't pull a heavy deadlift without giving it 100% focus.


Our Dino took a deep breath and
carried on.

"Here's what to do for real results,
he said.

The guy checked his feed again.

"Turn off your cell phone and don't
turn it back on until your workout
is over."

The guy looked up in disbelief.

"But what will I do between sets?"
he asked.

"Focus on the next set."

"But what if I miss something
important in my feed?"

"Your workout is more important
than your feed," said the Dinosaur.

And then our Dino went back to his
workout.

And the cell-phone guy went back
to - whatever.

I don't know about you, but I think
that was pretty good advice. Maybe
the best advice the cell-phone guy
has ever heard.

I just hope he was paying attention
instead of checking his feed.

Unfortunately, I think I know the
answer.

As always, thanks for reading and
have a great day. If you train today,
make it a good one.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

Have a great weekend - and get in a good workout!


P.S. Here's a complete list of our
e-books on Kindle - along with
some killer photos of old-school
champions on the covers.

Take a look - I think you'll like
them, and they're fast, fun and
convenient for weekend reading:

http://www.brookskubik.com/kindle.html

P.S. 2. My hard-copy books and
courses are right here at Dino
Headquarters:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 4. Thought for the Day:
"Training time is  time for
training.
Period. End of
story."-- Brooks Kubik


We have more than 25 Dinosaur Training books and courses in the Kindle bookstore - here are a couple of them - head on over and take a look at the others: