Lift It, Log It, Beat It!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

A quick note, and then some training
talk!

In response to 20 bajillion emails so
far -- YES, I will be doing seminars in
the USA this year!

Details being worked out.

If you own a gym (or know someone who
does), and you want to book me for a
seminar, shoot me an email!

If you are interested in seeing a state-
side seminar, shoot me an email and let me
know what topics you'd like me to cover,
where you live and where you could travel
easily to attend a Dino seminar!

And now -- let's talk training!

We're 9 days into the New Year, and I've
had some great workouts. I've already set
several new PR's -- and for a lifter, PR's
are the name of the game!

Let me explain how that happens.

I keep track of PR's on several different
levels:

1. All-time (lifetime) best at any bodyweight.

2. All-time (lifetime) best at a given
bodyweight.

3. Best ever at age 40 and above.

4. Best ever at age 50 and above.

5. Best ever at age 55 and above.

6. Best ever for age and bodyweight,
using the age-adjusted formula they use
in Master's weightlifting competition.

7. PR's for singles.

8. PR's for doubles.

9. PR's for three singles or three doubles.

10. PR's for five singles or five doubles.

11. Best for January, 2012.

12. Best for the year in 2012.

Etcetera, etcetera, and so forth.

The point is, I keep meticulous records -- and
I've done so for along time -- and so I have a
very good idea of how TODAY's workout compares
to the same session last week -- or last year --
or five years ago. And that gives me all sorts
of different ways to compare how I'm doing today
to how I did in the past.

Some variation of this system -- keeping careful
records, charting your progress, and measuring
your current best against your previous best --
is CRITICAL. In fact, it's one of the most
important things you can do to get better
results from your training.

So to make 2012 the best year ever for strength
and muscle gains, do this:

1. Lift it.

2. Log it.

3. Beat it.

As always, thanks for reading and have a great
day. If you train today, make it a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Get 2012 started off on the right foot with
some serious info on real world, no nonsense Dino-
style strength training and muscle building:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 2. Thought for the Day: "Make training a habit,
and stick to it as long as you live." -- Brooks Kubik