The Magic of Lifting

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Cold, wet, rainy.

Gray.

Gloomy.

Typical November weather.

Herman Melville said it best -- in the very first
paragraph of Moby-Dick:

"Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth;
whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul . .."

Melville's solution was to go to the sea -- to go off on
a whaling voyage around the world.

Mine is to go out to the garage and train.

And that's what i did.

Yes, it was cold.

Big deal. I wore double sweats.

Yes, it was wet.

Big deal. I wore a windbreaker out to the garage and went
out in tennis shoes -- and then changed into my lifting
shoes once I was in the a garage.

Yes, it was dark and black and gloomy.

Big deal. A single electric light-bulb overhead was all the
light I needed.

The bar certainly didn't mind the dark, the rain, or the cold.

It lay on the platform and waited for the fun to begin.

So did the plates.

They lay against the wall (they take up nearly an entire wall)
and waited for action.

An hour later, I had a new age 54 PR in the squat clean and jerk.

It was still dark, still wet, and still gloomy -- but it didn't
matter.

That damp, drizzly November in my soul was gone.

And that, my friend, is the magic of lifting.

I experienced it last night. And I hope you experienced it as
well. If you didn't, I hope you experience it very soon.

Everyone needs magic in their life. And you can't beat the magic
of lifting.

As always, thanks for lifting and have a great day. If you train
today, make it a good one -- and a magic one.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. We're moving into the Holiday Season, and we're working hard
to get every order out the door as fast as possible. You can help us
by ordering early -- so go ahead and grab a book, a course, a DVD or
a subscription to the world-famous Dinosaur Files newsletter -- and
let us send you a little piece of magic:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html


P.S. 2. Thought for the day: "Instead of saying 'Shut up and train!',
he should have said, 'I can't hear you -- I'm training.'" -- Brooks
Kubik