The Name of the Game

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

I just got a phone call from the trucking
company. Dinosaur Bodyweight Training has
arrived in Louisville -- and is scheduled
for delivery sometime tomorrow.

So I'm sitting here on pins and needles,
waiting for the shipment to arrive.

We have the shipping envelopes all ready to
go, and the labels are printed, and the bonus
for folks who order during the pre-publication
special is already printed and stuffed inside
the envelopes. It's a 5 page special report
on how to combine weight training and body-
weight training, and it includes several sample
training programs with various options on how to
do it. One of them covers the really ambitious
guys who want to combine weight training, body-
weight training and martial arts -- or who
want to combine weight training, bodyweight
training, and some hard-core cardio training.

So we're already to go -- we're just waiting
for the books to get here.

While we're waiting, let me cover something
important.

On any given day of the year, hundreds of
thousands of people go to the gym and train --
and they really don't show very much in the
way of results, and they really don't get
very much benefit out of it.

Of course, they also don't train very hard --
and they don't do the BIG exercises that Dinos
do -- and they don't train progressively.

In contrast to the average gym member, Dinos
get great workouts -- they train hard -- and
above all, they train progressively.

Progression is really important -- and most
people ignore it. Which is why most people
don't get very much benefit from their
training.

Progression means that you are competing against
yourself. Every time you train, your goal is to
perform better than the last time you took the
same workout or performed the same exercises.

Performing "better" means:

1. You add weight to the bar.

2. You perform more reps with the same weight.

3. You perform and additional set with your
working weight.

4. You use better form.

5. You train with greater focus and more intense
concentration.

6. You switch to a more challenging, more demanding
exercise.

7. Any combination of the above.

You do NOT always have to add weight, reps or sets
to progress. I like to alternate between heavy workouts
and lighter workouts. I compare my heavier workouts to
the most recent heavier workout -- and I compare the
lighter workouts to the most recent lighter workout.

If I can, I use more weight in my heavier workout. If
not, I try to do an additional set with my working
weight. And gradually, over time, I move up in weight.

For my lighter workouts, I sometimes try to add weight
or add sets -- but sometimes I perform the very same
workout and try to do every rep in better form than
ever before -- and I work very hard on improving my
concentration and focus.

I don't always add weight, and I don't always add reps,
but I always try to improve on my previous performance.
That's what makes my training progressive -- and it's
what will make YOUR training progressive.

Progression. In strength training, it's the name of
the game.

As always, thanks for reading and have a great day. If
you train today, make it a good one.

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Once the shipment of books gets here, the pre-
publication special for Dinosaur Bodyweight Training
will end -- so if you want the book AND the special
bonus, act now:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_bodyweight.html


P.S. Save on s&h by ordering two or more books and
courses at the same time -- or grabbing one or more
Dinosaur training DVD's with a book or course -- or
by adding back issues or a current subscription to
the Dinosaur Files newsletter. We have tons of great
products -- hit your refresh button when you get to
the website and take a look at everything:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Quote of the Day: "When you are FIT, you are
EFFICIENT -- that's the purpose of our training and
teaching -- to give you increased energy, determination,
courage, alertness, and co-ordination between mind and
muscle." --Ed Theriault