A 76-Year Old Superman and How He Trains!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

I'm sorry for the late email today. Trudi
is under the weather, and I've been taking
care of her. So I took her to the doctor's
office this morning, and then headed over
to the pharmacy to grab some meds.

BTW, Trudi is one tough lady, and it's
highly unusual for her to take the day off
and go to the doctor. She's given birth to
three children, and the last one was a home
birth (right in the room we now use for my
office) -- and she was up and hanging shower
curtains in the bathroom just two hours later. 

I just fixed her lunch (homemade chicken
salad and some fresh veggies from the
garden -- along with some fresh black-
berries from one of our berry bushes),
and now she's under orders to get to
bed and take a nap. So I think she'll
be doing fine pretty soon. In fact, I'll
probably have to keep an eye on her and
make sure she doesn't try hanging any
shower curtains!

On the training front, I wanted to share a
note from Morgan Davoren, a 76 year old Dino
who's been hitting the iron for something
like 60 years.

Morgan said:

"I am still working out. Clean and press,
squats and power cleans. Not breaking any
records, but at 76 I can do anything I want
to!"

Now, I don't know about you, but I think
that's pretty darn impressive. And it's a
heck of a testimonial to the effectiveness
of life-long strength training.

"At 76 I can do anything I want to!"

How many people at age 60 can say that?

How many at age 50?

How many at 40?

Heck, most men in the 20's or 30's can't say
that.

But Morgan isn't your average man. He's your
average Dino. He's been training  at home with
a York barbell set for six decades. He began
with the old York courses, and he moved on to
weightlifting workouts, and he's done plenty
of bodyweight work, as well (he's a big fan
of Dinosaur Bodyweight Training). And today,
at age 76, he's still doing his favorite
old-school exercises: the clean and press,
the squat, and the power clean.

Here's the bottom line. If they ever make a
new Superman movie and they decide to show
Superman as an older man -- say, a 76 year
old Superman -- then they need to cast Morgan
for the title role.

So hats off to Morgan Davoren -- and hats off
to every older Dino who's still hitting those
old-school workouts!

As always, thanks for reading, and have a great
day. If you train today, make it a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Here's the number one book about serious
strength training for older lifters:

http://www.brookskubik.com/grayhair_blackiron.html

P.S. 2. Many older trainees like to do bodyweight
training -- or to combine bodyweight exercises
with barbell and dumbbell training. Here's a great
resource for you:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_bodyweight.html

P.S. 3. My other books and courses are right
here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 4. Thought for the Day: "Superheroes are
great, but Dinos are even better." -- Brooks Kubik