An Amazing and Inspiring Dino Success Story!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

I'm doing an audio seminar (i.e., a
live teleseminar) tomorrow evening at
7:00 EST. I'm going to cover the mental
aspects of strength training in a series
seminars, starting with one that will
teach you how to develop the power of
concentration and how to use it in
your training.

Carl Lanore, the host of SuperHuman
Radio, is handling all the tech stuff,
and is going to be on line with me during
the seminar, so head over to his site to
sign up:

http://www.superhumanradio.com/seminarbookings/index.php/component/content/article/4/11-seven-keys-to-concentration-dinosaur-mindpower

With the seminar tomorrow evening, the mental
aspects of strength training are much on my
mind -- so it was funny to get an email this
morning about that very topic. It comes from
Austin Voutour, a swim coach with an amazing
and inspiring Dino success story:

"Hi Brooks,

Firstly, I want to say that I'm looking forward
to the dumbbell book and the nutrition book (if
that is still in the making). I loved the Grimek
course, and the Military Press and Shoulder Power
course, as well.

[Note from Brooks -- the Dumbbell book will come
first -- and very soon -- and then I'll finish the
diet/nutrition book.]

However, the actual reason I'm contacting you is
to thank you for helping me to understand the
mental game much better. I am a swim coach here
in Gainesville, Florida. Our club, High Tide
Aquatics, is rather small with about 100 swimmers.
I work with the middle school and early high
school kids.

We have one girl, Jaide, who was born with no
muscle in her arms and sparse amounts in her
lower legs. She competes on the paralympic circuit
in the USA, and has been to a couple of national
level meets, and the PanAms.

Going into this season, about four months ago
we knew she had a chance to go to the paralympic
trials to compete in London -- but we knew it
would be close to get there.

Over the past four months, I had the opportunity
to work closely with her. Physically, she had the
ability to make the cuts. But two months ago, I
really started to work with her on the mental game,
deep breathing, visualization, positive self talk,
many of the things covered in Dinosaur Training.

Fast forward to this weekend. Jaide not only made
the paralympic team for her category, but took
first place and crushed her own American record,
shooting her to 7th in the world rankings.

I really think that her being able to tap into
the amazing power of the mind to sync with her
body helped her to make it this far.

I know she is not a lifting Dino, but she is
nonetheless a Dino! Thanks again!

Austin Voutour"

Austin -- Thanks for sharing that. Jaide is not
only a Dinosaur, she is a true champion. Talk
about being strong, and being tough -- WOW!
What a remarkable young woman. Tell her that
the entire Dino Nation will be cheering for her
in London!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. I cover the mental aspects of strength
training and muscle building in detail in
Dinosaur Training, Dinosaur Bodyweight Training
and Strength, Muscle and Power:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_training.html

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_bodyweight.html

http://www.brookskubik.com/strength_muscle_power.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses -- including my
new John Grimek training course -- are right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Never give up. If
you just keep going, you WILL succeed." -- Brooks
Kubik