Old Gold from Bradley J. Steiner!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

When I was in high school, my favorite
book in the entire world was Bradley
J. Steiner's COMPLETE GUIDE TO EFFECTIVE
BARBELL TRAINING (which is, alas, long
out of print now).

One of my favorite chapters in the
book was Chapter 3, "THE MENTAL ASPECTS."

Steiner began that chapter with these
rousing words:

"The biggest fool on earth is the man who
scoffs at the invincible power of the
human spirit, and who maintains that only
the body is real -- and that what one does
or what one can do is limited only to his
physical self. But I do not think that any
real human achievement can be attained or
attributed solely to muscular labor. Not
even, or perhaps least of all, the
achievement of a well-built, healthy
body. The MIND IS THE MASTER that can
accomplish miracles with the body!"

I read those words over and over, until
they were seared into my brain cells --
and I've tried hard to live them each and
every day of my life -- and to implement
them in each and every workout I take.

Today, nearly 40 years later, I'm more
impressed than ever with Steiner's
emphasis on the mental aspects of
strength training. And I hope that,
you, too, take Steiner's words to heart --
and that you emphasize the mental aspects
in your training -- and indeed, in all
aspects of your life.

As always, thanks for reading and have
a great day. If you train today, use your
mind to make it a great one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. I'm covering 7 KEYS TO CONCENTRATION
in an audio seminar tomorrow evening. It's
at 7:00 p.m. EST. You can listen live or
grab the entire hour-long course on CD. To
sign up, go here:

http://www.superhumanradio.com/seminarbookings/index.php/component/content/article/11

Thought for the Day: "The better I think,
the better I lift." -- Brooks Kubik