Heavy Dumbbells in London

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

At last week's seminar in London I
taught Dinosaur Dumbbell Training.

On the second day of the program
I decided to give the students a
special treat. They deserved it.
They'd been working really, really
hard all weekend.

We had just covered the two dumbbell
clean and jerk -- so I asked if they'd
like to see my try to beat the IAWA
World record in that lift for my
age and weight class.

And they all said, "YES!"

So I rolled a big pair of dumbbells
over to the center of the lifting
area, chalked up, put on my war
paint -- grabbed them -- and swung
them to my shoulders.

And then I missed the jerk.

Missed it bad.

And that's not good.

So the pressure was on. And I was
starting to kick myself for doing
this.

I chalked up a second time -- and
walked over to the two grinning
monsters.

I looked down at them.

They looked back up, defying me to
lift them.

I tried it a second time.

I "almost" made it.

Locked out the right arm -- but
couldn't lock out the left.

I was really winded now. And I was
pretty darn mad at myself. I should
have known better. After all, I'm old
enough to know better.

I mentally kicked myself -- HARD --
but doing that didn't make the dumbbells
any lighter.

I had to do something.

I asked if anyone wanted to give them
a try. No one volunteered.

I said I'd give a free copy of Dinosaur
Training to anyone who could lift the
two dumbbells.

Will Dollar, a super-strong kettlebell
lifter and kettlebell coach, stepped
forward -- chalked his hands -- grabbed
the dumbbells -- and made a great lift.

And that gave me a precious minute or
two of rest.

Now the dumbbells were tired, and I
wasn't.

I chalked up -- and walked toward them.

You can see what happened on YouTube --
starting with my second attempt -- but
be warned, the title of the clip is
NSFW -- and it's a little loud -- so
if you're at work, watch it later on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A21on8bABcE

Enjoy the action!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. If you want to see more heavy dumbbell
training, grab my DVD, The Lost Art of
Dumbbell Training:

http://brookskubik.com/dinosaur_dvds.html

P.S. 2. I'll be doing a killer audio seminar
with Carl Lanore next week. Spots are going
fast, so if you're interested, sign up now:

http://www.superhumanradio.com/seminarbookings/index.php/component/content/article/4/11-seven-keys-to-concentration-dinosaur-mindpower

P.S. 3. My other Dinosaur Training books and
courses are right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 4. If you live in the UK and you'd
like to learn kettlebell training from
someone who's very, very good at it --
and very, very strong -- go here and
schedule a class or a workout with
Will Dollar:

http://kettlebellclub.blogspot.com/